Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Draft likes, dislikes and questions

May 01, 2022 06:01AM
Just initial, highly uneducated thoughts...

I love the Bruss addition. Not a sexy pick but absolutely a need area (short and longer term). I have said I am a big fan of Big 10 OL with 30+ starts. If he can win the starting RG job this summer, great. If not and he's the top OG backup for 2022, fine. This team has a good track record with Wisconsin OL. I feel good about the Rams OL depth (6th-8th OL) regardless of who wins that RG competition.

The way they addressed the secondary both for 2022 (Hill trade) as well as longer term given that Hill, Long, Scott and Rapp will all be free agents next spring. Durant and Lake are both intriguing prospects. Durant can step in as their CB5, play special teams and go from there. If Lake shows promise early I would not be surprised if they traded Rapp before the October trade deadline. The Rams have a good track record of developing DBs.

The Montana State edge rusher. Similar situation to Garrett a year ago who seemingly they are giving a vote of confidence to by not investing in edge rusher higher. No pressure on this kid to anything in 2022 but make the roster and be able to contribute on special teams. This is the type of kid you take at #235.

That they didn't press things at punter. Nothing they could do about the two punters going in the 4th round and I didn't want a pick before the 6th round going to a punter so the SDSU kid wasn't meant to be either. Find competition for Dixon and move on.

Dislikes

Trading up in the 5th for the Notre Dame RB. Can pass block and catch well and there is that thing about finding guys on day 3 that do something well, not everything. But just seemed like they could have done better there. Hope I am wrong. When the Barno kid from Virginia Tech fell I thought he could have been their guy at 175.

Questions

So they feel good about Blanton and Hopkins at TE2 and TE3?

What UDFA punter (or veteran... or USFL punter...) do they bring in to compete with Dixon?

What do Bobby Brown III and Ernest Brown IV become in year two for the DL? The Rams need both to be rotational contributors.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Draft likes, dislikes and questions

LMU93755May 01, 2022 06:01AM

Re: Draft likes, dislikes and questions

Rams43353May 01, 2022 05:40PM

Re: Draft likes, dislikes and questions

farley232May 02, 2022 04:24AM

giving Williams benefit of the doubt

LMU93230May 02, 2022 08:59AM

About the TE's

RantoulRam136May 02, 2022 09:17AM

Good post

Stafford9147May 02, 2022 08:45AM

A little post-draft walk down memory lane…

Rams43149September 01, 2022 06:09AM

Re: A little post-draft walk down memory lane…

David Deacon170September 01, 2022 06:44AM