Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay and Les Snead had the best reaction to the Patriots drafting Cole Strange going in Round 1

April 29, 2022 09:18AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com] Sean McVay and Les Snead had the best reaction to the Patriots drafting Cole Strange going in Round 1

Cameron DaSilva
April 28, 2022 8:31 pm PT

Les Snead and Sean McVay got to relax during the first round of the draft on Thursday night, knowing all of the players drafted in the first 32 picks would have almost no chance to be around when the Rams go on the clock at No. 104.

Well, everyone but the guy the Patriots picked at No. 29 overall.

Snead and McVay were holding their press conference live when the Patriots selected Strange, which caught the GM and coach by surprise. Their reaction to the pick was absolutely priceless.

“Cole Strange just went,” McVay said.

“Oh my, UT-Chattanooga to the first round,” Snead added.

“How ‘bout that?! And we wasted our time watching him thinking he’d be at 104 maybe!” McVay said, laughing uncontrollably.

Strange really was on the Rams’ radar, and he was probably the only first-round pick they can say that about. He’s a quality player capable of playing center or guard, and he would’ve helped the Rams somewhere.

But, Bill Belichick and the Patriots reached for him – pretty badly, too. That pick surprised everyone, including Snead and McVay.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVay and Les Snead had the best reaction to the Patriots drafting Cole Strange going in Round 1

BerendsenRam240April 29, 2022 09:18AM

I thought it was funny but national media didn't

Paco70147April 29, 2022 12:00PM

Re: I thought it was funny but national media didn't

Ramfan21129April 29, 2022 12:35PM