Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Shrine Game notables

February 11, 2022 08:42AM
Keeping this short as I didn't get to see practices ... but because of the glut of talent at the Senior Bowl I know some guys need to be mentioned.

I'll do a bit extra since I have dynasty leagues and hitting late rounders changes a franchise.

4 QB EJ Perry Brown Athletic kid that made some solid throws ... was surprising.

6 WR Jaivon Heiligh Coastal Carolina Been the go to guy for Grayson McCall ... likely a bottom of roster possession guy.

10 WR Kyle Philips UCLA This kid is vastly underrated. Gifted Slot WR ... Guys like him end up being invaluiable.

15 WR Jaquarii Roberson Wake Forest Smooth kid with some size, need to se timed speed.

20 RB Pierre Strong Jr. South Dakota State
21 RB Ronnie Rivers Fresno State
24 RB Leddie Brown West Virginia
40 FB Zander Horvath Purdue

All these RBs are solid. Pierre Strong shocked me with some burst on his screen 65 yard TD. Horvath could be a TE or RB, he's 6-3 245.

57 OL George Moore Oregon Thought he had a decent game and solid career at ORE, again the talent at the Senior Bowl p[ushed guys down.

70 OL Zach Tom Wake Forest
72 OL Alec Lindstrom Boston College

Both these guys are late targets. Lindstrom is just a smart kid, Tom, played OLT most of his career

79 OL Vederian Lowe Illinois Kid I watched for years ... had some issues against top rushers but held his own in this game.

80 WR Tanner Conner Idaho State Just mentioning ... 6-3 225 60 meter hurdle and 110 meter champ ... that's a freak. His hands look solid as well... had 208 yards against Idaho.

83 WR Samori Toure Nebraska
84 WR Josh Johnson Tulsa

Both these guys have had above average careers and had solid games. Both should get drafted.

87 TE Lucas Krull Pittsburgh Pickett's TE, I don't think he played, but he's a 6th round/UDFA target with hands, 6-7 260, and plays mean.

East Defense
NUMBER POSITION NAME SCHOOL

5 LB Big Kat Bryant UCF Didn't play, but had a long weird career being great at AUB then transferring to UCF and just being okay? UDFA flier.

9 DB Percy Butler Louisiana Good career, good game.

18 LB De'shaan Dixon Norfolk State Made some splash plays, don't know much about him.

22 DB Jermaine Waller Virginia Tech Slot CB tgarget.

26 LB Carson Wells Colorado Need times speed for ST, but heplays smart and arrives angry.

29 SAF Juanyeh Thomas Georgia Tech Maybe had the best defensive game ... fits our small LB position.

33 DB Shaun Jolly Appalachian State Reminds me of Darious Williams ... great ankles and ball skills, plays bigger than he is (5-10 180)

37 DB Quentin Lake UCLA Defensive captain type, bigger safety who covers TEs and hits.

41 LB James Houston IV Jackson State This kid reminded me of Garrett, crazy sack totals at the lower level and crazy movement skills.

50 DL Marquan McCall Kentucky Space eater at 360.

51 LB Ali Fayad Western Michigan Led team in TFL and sacks for FOUR years. Speed? ST?

54 LB Diego Fagot Navy Great player, great change of direction.

92 DL Matt Henningsen Wisconsin
93 DT Ben Stille Nebraska

The guys above are 5 tech depth UDFAs at best.

94 LB Jeffrey Gunter Coastal Carolina 6-4 259, great movement and can play inside at 3 tech or cover a TE playing off the ball. Bit of a hothead.

99 DL Tayland Humphrey Louisiana 6-5 350 pound man that can move pretty well. We tend to go for undersized more often than not, but I figured the 6-5 part may make him more attractive to us because we like height and length.

1 WR Stanley Berryhill III Arizona Quick slot, need to see his combine (was he invited)?

5 RB Jashaun Corbin Florida State Big and agile ... great for a late or UDFA look if we haven't taken a people mover yet.

8 WR Jerreth Sterns Western Kentucky Kid had what, 135 receptions? Tough to cover ... will be a solid slot drafted late.

18 WR Tyquan Thornton Baylor Played better this week than I thought he did at Baylor.

19 RB Ty Chandler North Carolina Best player in the game, should have been at the Senior Bowl ... reminds me of Kamara with his lateral agility and power mix. Hit in the backfield and he gains 4, otherwise he was rattling off 7-12 yard chunks up the middle every play.

51 OT Justin McKenzie Southern California
53 OL Xavier Newman-Johnson Baylor
55 OL Obinna Eze TCU
56 OL Jean Delance Florida
65 OL Austin Deculus LSU
67 OL Cordell Volson North Dakota State
68 OL Josh Seltzner Wisconsin
74 OL Kellen Diesch Arizona State
75 OL Hayden Howerton SMU
76 OL Luke Wattenberg Washington

This entire group was stellar. Bullies in the run game and impenetrable in pass pro.

80 TE Gerrit Prince UAB Didn't play, but a beast of a TE with great receiver skills ...

81 WR Davontavean (Tae) Martin Oklahoma State Polished route runner, another guy I thought should have been at the Senior Bowl.

84 TE Teagan Quitoriano Oregon State Blocking TE that can catch ... can track a ball in the air for downfield stuff, but his blocking is exemplary in the run game. The runners at ORE state are a result of run blocking ...

89 TE Jelani Woods Virginia He was showcased so he'll likely be a higher draft pick, but in the 6th Im watching for him ... 6-7 270 and can move.

-- OL Jaxson Kirkland Washington INJ I have to assume his career is over ....

West Defense

NUMBER POSITION NAME SCHOOL

0 DB Jack Jones Arizona State Mean feisty slot reminds me of Robey Coleman.

9 LB Zakoby McClain Auburn Lked him for our S to LB position for years.
22 DB Nick Grant Virginia Just a great secondary there.

27 DB Kyler McMichael North Carolina Clemson transfer, had a good year, but has plus size and movements skills and had a great game ...

29 LB Nephi Sewell Utah Special teamer at first, but is a Utah guiy through and through and has serious athleticism. Smallest of his brothers.

44 LB Chance Campbell Ole Miss Transfer, smart LB, might not be fast enough for us.

57 LB Jack Sanborn Wisconsin Wisconsin LBs are assignment sound and angry.

92 DE Brayden Thomas North Dakota State Plays angry 5 tech, looks like our style ...

96 DL Ryder Anderson Indiana 5 tech body

Okay I'll take a break till the combine ...

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Senior Bowl Analysis from 2 practices and the game

alyoshamucci649February 06, 2022 12:42PM

Re: Senior Bowl Analysis from 2 practices and the game

leafnose177February 07, 2022 02:48AM

Abrams was a guy I am going into fantasy drafts targeting like I did Rhamondre Stevenson last year ...

alyoshamucci168February 07, 2022 10:31AM

Potential Round 3 Targets

merlin211February 07, 2022 11:22AM

Re: Potential Round 3 Targets

alyoshamucci184February 08, 2022 07:13AM

My Favorite Name in the Draft...Safety Smoke Monday

den-the-coach179February 08, 2022 07:51AM

With a name like that his 40 time better be good

merlin109February 08, 2022 01:56PM

So looking at Walter and fanspeak ...

alyoshamucci121February 09, 2022 10:34AM

Re: So looking at Walter and fanspeak ...

merlin83February 09, 2022 11:56AM

Shrine Game notables

alyoshamucci194February 11, 2022 08:42AM

Re: Shrine Game notables

leafnose74February 12, 2022 08:36AM