Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Senior Bowl Analysis from 2 practices and the game

February 06, 2022 12:42PM
I'm really going to go player by player ... if a player is a target I'll make a note of it.
I'll say that there was a glut of talent this year but I missed a good deal of it because during the practice sessions they skipped the WR/DB drills for the on screen sessions.

The coverage has likely changed due to covid so I can't be legit mad, just annoyed, at least we'll have a combine this year.

I'll only be listing players I know a lot about or that I learned a lot about this week. Guys that I missed I'll just leave off.

There were a few big winners/money makers but the announcers were trying kinda hard with some other players like Malik Willis to make the fact that he could throw in the rain more important than the fact that he had a worse game than Desmond Ridder, who I think showed up better than I could have hoped for him.

American Team

1 Velus Jones Jr. WR Tennessee Noted 21.75 pmh.

4 TJ Pledger RB Utah Kid came in late and played hard, 5-9 196 guy with pro skills ... size?

6 Alontae Taylor CB Tennessee Always liked him, had a pick in the game.

7 Sam Williams DL Ole Miss Late add, but an all SEC guy so I don't know why .... if he slides I'd be all over him late.
7 Malik Willis QB Liberty I was kinda wrong about Hurts ... I don't think this guy has Hurts' talent, just crazy speed.

8 Jalen Tolbert WR South Alabama He is being listed for his imagined measurables after an average career and week.

10 DeAngelo Malone DL Western Kentucky Kid plays bigger than 235 ... if he lasts till the 6th I'd think about developing him.

13 Jojo Domann LB Nebraska Smaller ILB type with safety instincts and a nasty streak. Looking 6th.

14 Sam Howell QB North Carolina Had one of the better weeks and games and will be overlooked. If the colors were blurred on your TV you'd see a faster* Dak Prescott. You'd think that Malik Willis would win a game with his legs, but the truth is he'll lose it with his arm. THis kid will keep you in the game with his arm and could win it with his legs.

17 Bailey Zappe QB Western Kentucky doesn't have the arm talent.

17 Zach Carter DL Florida Had quality pressure and decent 1:1s but in a deep class he could get lost.

18 Damone Clark LB LSU Had a pressure in the game and a solid week.

20 Tariq Woolen CB UTSA

23 Roger McCreary CB Auburn I have him higher than most. He's first round talent maybe top 20 for me.

24 Brian Robinson Jr. RB Alabama Didn't have the best week (except in blocking where he demolished people) but guys used to Alabama blocking usually take a minute to get used to smaller holes.

26 Akayleb Evans CB Missouri Kid went from Tulsa to Mizzou and I don't know why. Liked him better at Tulsa.

27 Dameon Pierce RB Florida Had a strong week and stronger game. Made himself money should rise.

29 Yusuf Corker DS Kentucky Hard hitting smart player, might slide due to talent at the position.

30 Connor Heyward FB Michigan State Okay ... this kid is misunderstood. You see 6-0 238 and think "Just a FB" .... but he has the feet of a WR and the hands of one as well, can block, catch, run routes MUCH BETTER than anyone his size and dimensions should be able to. I'll take him in the 6th and turn him into a magic weapon.

46 Isaiah Likely TE Coastal Carolina Giant WR. 6-4 250 but is a WR. Average blocker. Not my target, not my type of TE.

48 Phidarian Mathis DL Alabama Did not have the week other players did, lost money.

50 Tariq Carpenter LB Georgia Tech

52 Lecitus Smith OL Virginia Tech

52 D’Marco Jackson LB Appalachian State Had better game than practices, but is physically limited IMO.

53 Kingsley Enagbare DL South Carolina Good practices .. but he was going to be a decently high pick anyway.

54 Justin Shaffer OL Georgia I thought both UGA kids just played average this week.

55 Luke Fortner OL Kentucky Had some good one on one, but Im a fan of Kentucky Linemen.

56 Dylan Parham OL Memphis This kid is a transfer IIRC and he seems like he'df make a great UDFA to put some muscle on.

65 Darian Kinnard OL Kentucky They used him inside more and he was getting used to it, he's got pulling feet so I'd expect him to be gone before us.

68 Jamaree Salyer OL Georgia Again just looked average (might have been D Line quality this year)

70 Ed Ingram OL LSU Had some good 1:1 reps, did better than I thought, more interested in his teammate Deculus at the Shrine game.

71 Chris Paul OL Tulsa I thought he struggled with form and toughness, not a good look.

73 Max Mitchell OL Louisiana Had a better week than I thought ... lost 1:1 reps to peopple he should lose to, but showed a decent enough base to warrant working with. Again, the O line was overmatched by a truly talented set of D lines this week.

74 Spencer Burford OL UTSA Biggest surprise was that this kid I was pulling for had a great week. He held up in the game and one on ones.

75 Cade Mays OL Tennessee Didn't wow, but showed competence and a nasty streak, can work with him.

77 Braxton Jones OL Southern Utah Surprised me a bit, again we're looking at 6th round or UDFA here.

80 Grant Calcaterra TE SMU I have subtly liked him but I think he's not the type of TE Im into.

81 Dontario Drummond WR Ole Miss NO show. was really surprised.

83 Calvin Austin III WR Memphis Will be underdrafted. Quality slot.

85 Greg Dulcich TE UCLA Overhyped by announcers IMO, and he'll run well so He'll be off the board before my targets at TE

88 Daniel Bellinger TE San Diego State Had a good game and practices, total target that could slide to the 6th.

90 Jake Camarda PT Georgia

92 Neil Farrell Jr. DL LSU Big body, not much burst.

95 Devonte Wyatt DL Georgia Kid is a beast.

96 Jermaine Johnson DL Florida State Cemented top 20 status with ridiculous moves.

98 John Ridgeway DL Arkansas Wrestling champ, like him late.

99 Eric Johnson DL Missouri State OKay ... project, but he showed up in practice (not the game)

National Team

1 Christian Watson WR North Dakota State Big kid with some speed, drew a penalty deep. Note ... there was a play where Pickett underthrew him... but that was one where he broke off his out route to run to the open space and Kenny noticed and had no idea where he was going, just gave him a shot, ended up a 50 yard plus gain ... improv in real time on a big stage, like it from both players.

2 Verone McKinley III DS Oregon INT leader (tied with Woods) so ball skills ...

3 Rachaad White RB Arizona State Fast with some power to finish, but can't always GRIND out yards.

4 Jerome Ford RB Cincinnati You know he plays like a smaller back but is 5-11 220, watch him on your dyansty leagues, he's likely to take someone's job.

7 Romeo Doubs WR Nevada He's a professional. Timed speed might be an issue but I'd expect him to land at the end of some roster.

8 Kenny Pickett QB Pitt My favorite in the draft, a steal if the Broncos get him at 9.

8 Jalen Pitre DS Baylor Love both Baylor safeties, played well all year and in this game. Pitre will grade higher, I like Woods hiting and ball skills better. But that's what I like in safeties.

9 Desmond Ridder QB Cincinnati I thought he had the most plus game of any QB, running throwing, being poised. Pickett played like himself.

9 J.T. Woods DS Baylor If he was there at 100, I'd take him.

12 Carson Strong QB Nevada Limited mobility, likely career backup.

12 Sterling Weatherford LB Miami (Ohio) Bigger kid, likely a LB starting on teams, but I like him.

14 Khalil Shakir WR Boise State Played himself into round 2 I'd think. Had a great week. Although they basically only showed him.

17 Arnold Ebiketie DL Penn State IN a year of solid edge rushers he's a little further down the line, and a little raw.

18 Bo Melton WR Rutgers You're looking at a return man.

19 Cole Turner TE Nevada I like all these TEs ... they do all the things I like.

20 Kyron Johnson LB Kansas Smaller fella but plays 20 pounds heavier and can fit under most OTs around the corner or dipping back inside. I'd watch him late.

25 Tyler Badie RB Missouri Missed the game I think, feet are great I just am not that high on his game.

27 Jeremiah Hall FB Oklahoma The "other" FB in the game, smooth kid who runs great routes and can be a weapon.

28 Abram Smith RB Baylor Won't make it to us, showed off why I loved him during the year.

29 Coby Bryant CB Cincinnati Had kind of a rough game I thought ... better player overall.

34 Boye Mafe DL Minnesota *Made most money. Might come off in first frame now.

40 Jesse Luketa LB Penn State Played better than I expected, made good money.

48 Chad Muma LB Wyoming Another guy I might punch the card for in the 3rd or 4th if he fell that far.

51 Tyreke Smith DL Ohio State Had good 1:1s ... but I expect that.

52 Myjai Sanders DL Cincinnati Had a good game but I may have expected more, he'll likely fall to the third now.

57 Travis Jones DL UConn Sweetheart of camp ... but I've watched him for four years at UCONN he IS that good. He was pretty dominant against everyone, during the week and in the game.

69 Cole Strange OL Chattanooga Fiesty kid, like his attitude ... got the famous 3rd rep against Logan Hall.

70 Trevor Penning OL UNI Well he'll be overdrafted, but he is a mean dude. put him at ORT and he'll have a better transition. Put a lot of guys on their backs.

71 Andrew Stueber OL Michigan Did not have the best week.

72 Abraham Lucas OL Washington State I dunno .... he seemed to have a rough week. Liked him betgter during the year.

73 Matt Waletzko OL North Dakota So, this would be my project if I had to choose, amazing feet, like real short shuttle speed, ex TE, 6-6 310 ... I'd draft him and bulk him up for OLT.

75 Nick Zakelj OL Fordham I thought he was overmatched.

76 Bernhard Raimann OL Central Michigan I thought he had a worse week than year, does worse i 1:1s than in team activities.

77 Zion Johnson OL Boston College Kid is a beast, no news there.

78 Daniel Faaelele OL Minnesota He did better than I expected and didn't get exposed too many times. You're taking a risk if you draft him, have to work with him staying low and not over setting.

82 Alec Pierce WR Cincinnati THis is one of those guys that sneaks past you into the end zone. Will be underdrafted.

84 Jake Ferguson TE Wisconsin Had a great game and practice week. definitely a target.

85 Trey McBride TE Colorado State Should be first off the board, timed speed may make him slip but he shouldn't slip far.

87 Charlie Kolar TE Iowa State Have always loved this kid, had a weak week, so if he slides Im all over it.

91 Otito Ogbonnia DL UCLA Jumped offsides a lot. But overall power is solid.

92 Logan Hall DL Houston Played himself likely into round 2.

93 Haskell Garrett DL Ohio State Kid is still just mean.

98 Perrion Winfrey DL Oklahoma Had the second best week to Mafe ... made a ton of money. Twitchy and strong ... won a lot of reps during the week and had sacks and TFLs during the game. Might go in the first now.

Questions and comments welcome ... glad I had some hours to knock this out.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Senior Bowl Analysis from 2 practices and the game

alyoshamucci648February 06, 2022 12:42PM

Re: Senior Bowl Analysis from 2 practices and the game

leafnose177February 07, 2022 02:48AM

Abrams was a guy I am going into fantasy drafts targeting like I did Rhamondre Stevenson last year ...

alyoshamucci168February 07, 2022 10:31AM

Potential Round 3 Targets

merlin211February 07, 2022 11:22AM

Re: Potential Round 3 Targets

alyoshamucci184February 08, 2022 07:13AM

My Favorite Name in the Draft...Safety Smoke Monday

den-the-coach179February 08, 2022 07:51AM

With a name like that his 40 time better be good

merlin109February 08, 2022 01:56PM

So looking at Walter and fanspeak ...

alyoshamucci121February 09, 2022 10:34AM

Re: So looking at Walter and fanspeak ...

merlin83February 09, 2022 11:56AM

Shrine Game notables

alyoshamucci194February 11, 2022 08:42AM

Re: Shrine Game notables

leafnose74February 12, 2022 08:36AM