Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Not one fan has mentioned

January 31, 2022 10:58AM
How solid the Rams ST have been since about the 13th week of the season. Great tackling, good returns, nothing getting blocked. I think DeCamillis saved his job. No one is talking about how the STs will cost the Rams a win.

Rams43

Well, nobody is laughing at Snead’s team building strategy this morning, huh? Draft picks are nice but proven stars are better IF one can find gems in the mid to late rounds plus FA. Bet Snead can’t stop smiling this morning.

This is true for all successful teams, but for the way Snead builds a team, this is ultra important. Its the equivalent to fantasy football's stud and duds approach to drafting or building your roster. Look at the roster. DWill was undrafted, claimed off waivers and has been solid ever since. Kupp, a 3rd rounder, who never gets out of the 2nd if he runs anything better than a 4.6. Gaines, on a pro bowl trajectory (and a pick I hated) 4th round. David Edwards 5th round. Brian Allen 4th, Higbee 4th. Jordan Fuller 6th, Nick Scott 7th...the list goes on and on.

The other thing is the fact that they are in LA and McVay is the HC. It does attract talent. OBJ wanted to be in LA. Miller wanted to be in LA. Stafford wanted to work with McVay. This doesn't work everywhere. This wouldn't work in Detroit, or Jax, or alot of places.

I want Morris here another season. He is dealing right now, the players are totally sold out on what he's doing and they are dominate. I think elevating Scott and bringing aboard Weddle has settled down the safety position.

I thought Stafford was OK. That pick in the endzone hurt, and that should have been pick from Tart would have ended the game. (but I am not sure if someone didn't run the wrong route because why have 2 WRs deep inbetween the hashes 5 yards apart. It draws 3 defenders...But the dude just doesn't flinch, when I thought it was over at 17-7, Stafford said hold my beer, I gotta go drop a bunch of dimes on this secondary. I would ride or die with Stafford any day. I like Goff, great kid, good talent, but he doesn't have the icewater Stafford has. And with all due respect to Goff, few do.

Von Miller has been unstoppable for about 8 games now. Not only rushing the passer, but setting the edge against the run and keeping mobile QBs contained. He's just so danged smart.

I'll admit I did not like the OBJ signing, but man, he has been a model teammate, and that gesture he made to Deebo after the game was pure class, class I didn't think he had. And he has been balling out.

Reeder is tough. He lacks strength, he had Jennings (a WR) stopped on 3rd down 2 yards short and he got pushed past the line to gain. He's a ILB, that should never happen. He also has short arms. 4 inches shorter than E. Jones, Shorter than Devin White by 2 inches who happens to be an inch shorter. He just doesn't get a good wrap on people. But, he's smart, has good instincts, gets the team lined up. Jones is gonna take his spot next year, but the Rams have their hands tied for right now.

Good stuff as usual 43. Enjoy the next 2 weeks.

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few random thoughts this morning…

Rams43424January 31, 2022 08:49AM

Re: A few random thoughts this morning…

Coy Bacon158January 31, 2022 09:52AM

Ekern55227January 31, 2022 10:10AM

David Deacon136January 31, 2022 10:49AM

If Morris gets a head coach job this year there is no compensation

The Professor147January 31, 2022 10:53AM

Not one fan has mentioned