Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: NFC visiting team in SB - strange question

January 26, 2022 05:02PM
I actually live in Schenectady but I use the handle AlbaNY for a few reasons: I was at work (in Albany) when I first registered, Schenectady is so damn hard to spell, and I liked an old Albany promo where the 'NY' was capitalized so it could be distinguished from Albany, Georgia or Albany, Australia or any of the other 17 states and 7 countries that have an Albany.

I was born in Schenectady and have never lived more than 10 miles from the first house I lived in. Currently, I live in Guilderland (in Albany county) - the first time I have ever lived outside Schenectady County ... but I live so close to Schenectady County that I still have a Schenectady mailing address!!

I have been to the Scoreboard many, many times to watch the Rams! Migrated over to Smokey Bones when they opened cuz they had speakers that let you listen to whichever game you wanted, and from there to the Recovery Room in Rotterdam. (They had speakers and were a lot closer to home.)

I haven't been to Waterford enough to know much about it, other than to think we were practically neighbors at one time. (I'm 67 so, yeah, I was here when you were!) I have been in touch with Den thru this board although we've haven't been successful arranging a meeting yet. Some day, though ...

AlbaNY_Ram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

NFC visiting team in SB - strange question

RAMbunctious481January 26, 2022 03:14PM

AlbaNY_Ram185January 26, 2022 04:06PM

RAMbunctious130January 26, 2022 04:32PM

AlbaNY_Ram92January 26, 2022 05:02PM

RAMbunctious186January 26, 2022 07:01PM

AlbaNY_Ram52January 27, 2022 03:48AM

Similar situation here, where I've lived...

JamesJM127January 26, 2022 07:24PM

Re: Similar situation here, where I've lived...

AlbaNY_Ram265January 27, 2022 03:53AM