Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Do the Combine athletic tests actually predict success?

January 22, 2022 08:21AM
The most important 40 time at the combine is Rich Eisen's and the money they raise for St. Judes.

In all seriousness, football is an athletic, violent form of chess. Move/counter move. The game, rules, players are continuously evolving and the decision makers must evaluate, evolve and keep up with the situation.

For a lot of us fans, our interest lies in many phases during the calendar year. During the off season, we are arm chair GM, how can we build our team. During the season we are arm chair coach's.We all talk about the game plan that the coaching staffs come up with and call during a game but at the end of the day the athlete's must perform to the the best of their ability. Like in war, the battle does not always go according to plan. Your opponent does have a say in how things may go.

I am a Canadian. I became a Ram's fan in 1978. In my high school years I would hang out in the library and magazine stores and read The Sporting News and Sports Illustrated for any Ram news. Now with the internet, news is at your finger tips. Growing up just over the border from Buffalo, most NFL games televised were Bills or Giant's games. On average I only saw maybe 3-4 Ram games each season until a decade ago when I subscribed for the Sunday Ticket. So as a fan, my consumption of the product has evolved and an changed.

From my vantage point, I am quite certain that Ram brain trust will push the boundaries in what ever area they can to get an advantage over the rest of the league. Will each move pay off, not likely but they must try.

My 2 Canadian cents..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/22/2022 08:22AM by VWV.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Do the Combine athletic tests actually predict success?

RockRam150January 22, 2022 04:21AM

Re: Do the Combine athletic tests actually predict success?

VWV91January 22, 2022 08:21AM

Isn't Canadian 2 cents about a penny US?

RockRam50January 22, 2022 08:26AM

Somewhat

NewMexicoRam79January 22, 2022 08:29AM

agreed

LMU9347January 22, 2022 08:34AM