Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cowboys' Dak Prescott swipes refs after told fans throwing trash..

January 17, 2022 04:41AM
..were aiming at officials: 'Credit to them' Video in the link

[www.foxnews.com]

Dallas Cowboys quarterback Dak Prescott appeared to be a bit sour after losing to the San Francisco 49ers 23-17 in the NFC wild-card round on Sunday evening.

Prescott’s season came to an end after he decided to run the ball on a quarterback draw with 14 seconds left and no timeouts. He ran the play successfully but failed to get another play off to stop the clock. A debate brewed over whether the Cowboys’ play-calling at the end the of the game was inept or whether the NFL officials made a mistake by taking too long to officially spot the ball.

Cowboys fans who were at AT&T Stadium watching the game were clearly upset over another disappointing way to end a hopeful season.

NFL Network reporter Jane Slater tweeted a video appearing to show fans throwing debris on the field while the officials and Cowboys players were entering the tunnel. While it appeared the debris was aimed at the referees leaving the field, Slater clarified tweeting the person who sent her the video told her the actions were aimed at Cowboys players.

Prescott was asked about fans throwing debris on the field. According to The Athletic, Prescott was "disappointed" when he was told fans were throwing the trash at players but changed his tune when he was told they were aiming for the officials.

"A credit to them," Prescott said.

"The fans felt the same way as us. I guess that’s why the refs took off and got out of there so fast. I think everybody is upset with the way this thing played out," he added, via Dallas Morning-News.

It’s unclear exactly who the fans were aiming for in the vide. Referees and players were heading into the tunnel almost simultaneously. One player did get hit with something but knocked it away with his helmet.

Friendship is like peeing your pants.. Everybody can see it, but only you can feel the warmth..

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cowboys' Dak Prescott swipes refs after told fans throwing trash..

sstrams289January 17, 2022 04:41AM

Re: Cowboys' Dak Prescott swipes refs after told fans throwing trash..

Ramstien84January 17, 2022 04:57AM

Refs have stunk lately. But I cannot blame if they are part or full time.

Ramgator67January 17, 2022 05:09AM

want to blame someone Dak........

21Dog91January 17, 2022 05:42AM

I'm guessing he didn't know the rules..

sstrams73January 17, 2022 05:54AM

Re: I'm guessing he didn't know the rules..

SoCalRAMatic79January 17, 2022 06:02AM

You guys recall the 1996 Jags / Rams game in St Louis??

Ramgator61January 17, 2022 07:13AM