Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A scathing game review by OntarioRam…

November 29, 2021 06:48PM
Here’s OntarioRam…

There is no shame in losing to Green Bay in Lambeau. Especially in the cold as a warm weather team. What is so concerning is how the Rams lost. Super Bowl teams don't lose 3 games in a row. Let alone in the same manner. And although Green Bay might be the best team in the NFL, they are banged up right now. That should have been a W if all cylinders were firing.

The defensive scheme is a complete disaster. Any pass in the short-to-intermediate range is an automatic completion. Look at our 3rd and 4th down stats on defense, in particular. Awful. I would expect that from an outmatched defence at the college level, given the talent disparities that exist between some schools. Not in the NFL. There is zero excuse for that. Especially with the pieces the Rams have. Morris needs to go. NOW! Don't wait until the off-season. Fire him ASAP and insert an interim DC. Oh, and BTW... who is responsible for the Morris hire. Another great move by our boy genius HC...

The incompetency of our pass defence has severe ripple effects. Our pass rush can never get home. The ball coming out way too quickly. And since we can never get off the field, our already porous defence gets exhausted. I heard a stat that Aaron Rodgers got the ball out quicker vs. the Rams last night than almost any other game of his career. It's no accident. Jimmy G did the same. Any contending team can easily beat us with the same formula as long as Morris is at the helm.

I said it at the start of the year and maintain it today. Aaron Donald is still elite... but he is no longer superhuman. His advanced stats prove it, as does the eye test. AD99 no doubt has many productive years left. But before we know it, he will fall from elite to just very good. And then from very good to good. We are wasting his prime.

Stafford is brutal right now. Inaccurate on seemingly everything but the deep ball. Turning the ball over at key times. At his current form, Stafford is worse than Goff - just as many turnovers, at as bad (or worse...) times, but throwing behind players far more often than. I do suspect it is injury related. He looks like a completely different QB.

Our best bet for this offence, and to turn the season around, is that Stafford can heal up as the weeks go by without aggravating anything. And then maybe our offence can compensate for Morris' amateur defensive scheming. But injury concerns were a fair/reasonable worry with the Stafford trade. It is worrying that the critics citing injury concerns might be right. Still lots of football left. Let's see what he looks like in the playoffs. I do suspect the Rams will, at least, hang onto a wildcard spot.

How is Michel not RB1 by now? We need his tough running. Neither back is special but Sony is better suited than Hendo for what we need right now.

The offensive line has regressed. It seems we are really lacking push in the run game at key times.

I won't get into Sean McVay in detail. I've been saying it for years. Questionable play calls. Questionable personnel usage. Poor clock management and time out usage. The emperor has no clothes.

Punt returns are laughable. Just putt Kupp back there and have him fair catch everything. It's been almost 2 years now and we cannot find a returner. It's clear we have no answers. Just get the fair catch and be done with it. At least it avoids a negative play. If he has tons of grass (which, with this coverage team will surely never happen), Kupp can run for a few years then give himself up before contact.

We kept the wrong punter. Hekker is merely average now. We can get average for far less cap space.

Shockingly, despite the Rams poor play as of late, if not for turnovers and other self-inflicted wounds, we likely beat both GB and Tennessee. But the sample size is undeniable at this point. The turnovers and other mental lapses (drops, penalties, etc.) will continue. This is who the Rams are. It's finesse Fisherball.

If OBJ is hurt we are really going to be in trouble...

I like Van Jefferson but he will never be more than a #3. Good depth piece. Useful player. Adds some speed. Excels at post routes. Far too inconsistent. And I don't think it's simply a matter of needing experience. He has had enough reps now. Ball bouncing off helmets? That can't happen at the NFL level. And it's not something "experience" will fix.

Hollins coming back will be huge.

Reeder and Rapp are getting abused. The former just isn't good enough. The latter I think is 50-50 between misuse and abilities. I think Rapp can still be useful in various packages/capacities, but Morris is too incompetent to use him in a manner in which he can excel.

Lots of football left. The Rams can easily get hot and win this thing. I'll be here rooting them on. But I am very, VERY doubtful this staff can get it done. Our special teams unit is garabge. And on offence and defence, our coaching is average at best on both sides of the ball. McVay has been figured out for years now. Can you imagine how this McMvay/Morris duo would look with a roster with only mediocre talent levels?!?!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A scathing game review by OntarioRam…

Rams43577November 29, 2021 06:48PM

Getting deep ball win doesn't equate to a good pass

BumRap202November 29, 2021 07:35PM

Re: A scathing game review by OntarioRam…

SoCalRAMatic288November 29, 2021 07:47PM

Of course you're right

JimYoungblood53272November 29, 2021 07:57PM

Re: Of course you're right

moklerman251November 29, 2021 10:09PM

Yeah, I guess I am

JimYoungblood53194November 30, 2021 07:10AM

What a shocker

moklerman178November 30, 2021 08:02AM

Yes there was

JimYoungblood53109November 30, 2021 08:08AM

Re: Yes there was