Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Identity

November 23, 2021 03:36PM
GlacieRam
I honestly think the Rams defense is built to play with a lead, or the offense scoring points consistently. When the offense is putting up points it allows the defense to play to it's strengths and neutralizes the oppositions ability to just run it down the throats of the defense. When the offense struggles it makes the defense look alot weaker. The way this defense is built it needs the offense to be effective and put points on the board, which it hasn't been doing the last couple games. I think Youngblood53 has tried to make this point more or less. And I agree. Just my opinion. But the offense needs to get back on track against the Packers, however that happens to work out.

I concur. This defense is built more to limit passing offenses as opposed to stomping out the run. In today's NFL, you have to choose between the two and most of the better offenses are explosive in the passing game. This requires intelligent and athletic linebackers and DB's with quicker DL that can get home on the rush. Sure, they could get thumpers at LB and a couple run stuffers like the Ravens had w Siragusa and Adams so that nobody could run on them but how would they defend teams like the Packers, Chiefs, Cowboys, and Cardinals?

The Rams do want to run the ball but again, what is their identity? Try to transform the offense into a run heavy attack and what happens if Hendo gets hurt? Then what do you do? I truly believe this offense would run differently with a healthy Akers and Henderson. But that's not the reality so they ARE a passing offense for this year. As long as they don't get down by two or three possessions, they can and will run effectively most of the game.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Identity

Leoram377November 23, 2021 05:27AM

Rams don't have to reinvent the wheel, IMO.

Ramgator197November 23, 2021 06:24AM

Re: Rams don't have to reinvent the wheel, IMO.

Ramstien114November 23, 2021 06:31AM

Re: Rams don't have to reinvent the wheel, IMO.

Rams43106November 23, 2021 06:46AM

Here’s my Readers Digest version…

Rams43132November 23, 2021 06:45AM

Re: Here’s my Readers Digest version…

Ramstien141November 23, 2021 07:13AM

Re: Here’s my Readers Digest version…

BerendsenRam100November 23, 2021 01:41PM

GlacieRam85November 23, 2021 03:12PM

Leoram166November 23, 2021 03:36PM