Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

48 hrs later

November 17, 2021 04:13PM
A lot of this has been beat to death already
but I need a vent and some random thoughts
I'll hit with just bullet points

- just about the most demoralizing loss I've felt as a fan in a long while ....a helpless feeling from my couch. It feels so much worse having the ball shoved down your throat and game dictated to you then say losing some 38-35 shootout(at least for me)

- I think being whipped physically in consecutive weeks on the big stage Sunday night Monday night made it worse.... waiting all day then all weekend getting pumped up , then the balloon being burst was brutal.... I will say after Tenn I shrugged it off as just the NFL was sure we'd respond and boy I can't shake this one

- We miss JJ, Troy Hill, Michael Brockers....not sure and don't care what they are currently doing but they all played their roles for us and without doubt played better than those that replaced them. Question many have singled out Williams,Fuller,Rochelle/Long ...it could be the Hills Johnson's in lineup helped them elevated play or covered for existing deficiencies us common fan didn't detect

- posters Ekern and Pros nail it when they point out how contradictory Bend but don't Break def is with the way McVay wants to play offense...
It really kills you when you mix in the pick 6s
like most we are not good playing from behind
and after these long clock chewing drives,
It does feel like the pressure to respond is to great and that yes the offense is in effect iced by sitting around too long

- let's talk about Stafford ... poster Youngblood
Is I think closest to right.... Stafford is very good perhaps not elite .. he will mix in a couple clunkers or at least his body of work shows that he will. He does a lot of good things even great things .... but ya know what pressure is on Matthew he has to be better Period point blank.
I take issue with posters saying he's sooo much better than Goff...I think almost unanimously we'd agree upon that but he damn well better be we gave Goff and 2 first rounders for him
and I've seen now too many bad decisions and passes from him same kind that got Jared crucified ...So I'm a big Stafford supporter and I believe he can and will right the ship .... but this isn't Detroit it's time to step up and lead

-All is not lost 7-3 after 10 is about where most of us would have pegged before season started ...it's just the way we have lost. In today's NFL I wouldn't be shocked at all if we came out and beat GB after the bye ... unfortunately given the last 2 weeks I also wouldn't be shocked if they dropped 40 on us.

- I believe we are looking at a 12-5 team
and for a long suffering fan I can't complain too much about that....

-Get to the playoffs and hope you are the hot team with the hot QB when you get there .... that's really the new formula to championships ... I think the time of just be flat out dominant and winning every week and having dynasties is a thing of the past

- The posts about fire all the coach's are pretty tired and really kinda dumb some things will be addressed at seasons end.... However, I get pissed and yell at the tv during games like I should be calling the game....and while I've not ever nor do I ever see myself yelling "fire McVay it's fair to acknowledge that Shanny has his number and could in fact be living rent free in his headspace.....the fake FG was such a reach and reeked of desperation

But if we're being honest we're living right now in a time with a really good winning team with F/O trying to do everything to make it happen playing in an absolute palace

What I'm saying let's not throw out the baby with the bath water
It's pretty good to be a Ram fan

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2021 05:05PM by Headslap75.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

48 hrs later

Headslap75317November 17, 2021 04:13PM

I sympathize with a lot your points except 1 big one

stlramz143November 17, 2021 04:40PM

Re: I sympathize with a lot your points except 1 big one

Headslap75160November 17, 2021 04:51PM

Re: 48 hrs later

Atlantic Ram89November 17, 2021 04:47PM

I hear you HS

Stafford990November 17, 2021 04:54PM

Re: I hear you HS