Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay won't rule out Rams adding Odell Beckham Jr.: 'I would never say never'

November 05, 2021 11:32AM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

Sean McVay won't rule out Rams adding Odell Beckham Jr.: 'I would never say never'

Skyler Carlin
November 5, 2021 12:41 pm PT
Odell Beckham Jr. was released by the Cleveland Browns on Friday, just days after the trade deadline passed. With a notable name like Beckham now available, teams across the league are going to be asked about their interest in the Pro Bowl wideout, including the Los Angeles Rams.

During Sean McVay’s press conference on Friday, he refused to rule out the possibility of the Rams bringing in Beckham if the opportunity presents itself.

“I don’t really – I mean, we’re not going to get into those kind of things,” McVay told reporters Friday. “I would never say never on anything like that, so that’s where I’ll leave that.”

From an outsider looking in, the Rams don’t necessarily need a wide receiver right now. Los Angeles is set at wide receiver with Cooper Kupp, Robert Woods, and Van Jefferson manning the top three spots on the field.

If Beckham were signed, that would send Jefferson to a bench role, which is something that doesn’t seem likely given the potential he’s shown this season. Despite the talent the Rams already possess, a coach like McVay may want to leave every door open in case he believes he can make it work.

Beckham didn’t pan out with the Browns, totaling 114 receptions, 1,586 yards, and seven touchdowns in 29 games. Injuries have also become a concern in recent seasons, where he’s missed 19 games in the past two seasons alone.

There’s also the fact that the Rams don’t have a high waiver priority (the Rams are 30th in the waiver order), so the chances of him landing in Los Angeles are extremely slim. Even though Beckham will likely be putting on a different uniform soon, McVay doesn’t want to leave any stone unturned if the opportunity arises with the 29-year-old wideout.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam403November 05, 2021 11:32AM

They have interest

BigGame81272November 05, 2021 11:37AM

I could see Seattle grabbing him to create

ferragamo79114November 05, 2021 04:50PM

In some ways I wish Seattle would get OBJ

RockRam131November 06, 2021 05:12AM

Re: In some ways I wish Seattle would get OBJ

CarolinaRam70November 06, 2021 11:22AM

Naw. Rams don't have real interest.

RockRam150November 06, 2021 05:04AM

Re: Naw. Rams don't have real interest.