Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Look: Matthew Stafford leads all QBs in pass EPA, putting him on an MVP pace

November 04, 2021 02:16PM
AlbaNY_Ram
It's cumulative. So far this season Stafford had generated 114.3 points above expectations.

That's a rate of just over 14 points a game and projects to (gulp) 242.9 point over this 17-game season if he stays on this pace..
Yeah, if he's at 228 by the end of the year, that will far exceed any of the others which would be incredible. I hope he keeps it up but it's just so darned early. Too much can change too quickly.

It will be interesting to see if Stafford's efficiency and production continue to improve the more acclimated he gets. I think the toughest thing for a QB is to stay patient and take the positive plays that are there and not force things. Mahomes is dealing with that now. I think Stafford actually went through that after the lighting fast start. Get too many of those home run plays and you start looking for them and not wanting to settle for "measly" chunk plays or even just positive plays. If it's not a 60 yard bomb, it feels like a letdown.

If he can just keep taking what's there and not get greedy, it's going to wind up an incredible year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Look: Matthew Stafford leads all QBs in pass EPA, putting him on an MVP pace

BerendsenRam264November 04, 2021 09:28AM

Re: Look: Matthew Stafford leads all QBs in pass EPA, putting him on an MVP pace

moklerman113November 04, 2021 12:04PM

AlbaNY_Ram90November 04, 2021 12:14PM

moklerman93November 04, 2021 02:16PM