Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

It is always better to wait and see

October 19, 2021 09:47AM
until you know what we are,

and we are getting to that point.

Good teams will give us trouble, and we will handle bad teams.

There are some issues that need to be addressed and some good things coming around
Lewis is coming around and having edge pressure opposite Floud is a big deal, and Obo, too
edge pressure with Donald inside is huge---that alone makes the defensive better

a concern is SJD was pretty good first few weeks but has faded. ARob is a ghost
and these two white guys that play a lot---do they ever make a play? Gaines is okay
but again, not much except being big.

Sure, things can change, but out DL is not what it was with Bockers, and Fox coming in

Rochelle is battling but as you and other noted, this was no test---Giants WRs not good
but he has size and athletic talent and looks like he has the ability to be a starter
when in doubt go with the bigger, strong, faster guy---and Rochelle is that

No matter what false narratives you may see posted---gameplans will change from
week-to-week but the scheme is the same and the calls and front are going to be the same
based on personnel and so on--so we will see things for Seattle we don't see for 49ers
and for Arizona and it will be tweaks for Lions as opposed to Giants because the offenses
are different

This is no different than with Staley. There was a game this year where Rapp was in the box
31 times---this week it was 24. Next week? No idea---it always varries. Same with Ramsey
some times 60% slot, sometimes 40%....depends on how much the other time is in 2 TE
or 3 WR or 4 WR--all that

so, the Rams will always play softer defense than many like, but we are not a tight man-to-man
aggressive coverage team. We were not last year, we are not this year. We won't be
the rest of this year

We are a quarters, team, soft man--bend-but-don't-break coverage team..and we like to
trick teams into who is playing who, and we like to trap or "rob" teams from those soft zone
or soft man things.

For whatever reason Staley and now McVay and Morris think it's too risky to play aggressive
coverages, they don't want to give up big plays...so here we sit

so, with an improved pass rush and beating up on weaker teams--those are good things
and then when we play good teams and hold our town, it is a recipe for
a division title.

So, all the stuff we heard about Morris last few weeks was just fans being fans--and many
not even knowing what was going on---not getting the scheme or philosophy.

What was happening is it was a transition from missing players and guys changing
positions and getting used to that.

Now, maybe the new guys are playing closer to the level of last years guys.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

I’m starting to feel a lot better about this D now…

Rams43439October 19, 2021 07:21AM

Well, it was a banged up NYG...

Ramsfsninmd162October 19, 2021 07:57AM

Same for me...

JamesJM160October 19, 2021 08:45AM

Re: Same for me...

Ramsdude132October 19, 2021 08:51AM

It is always better to wait and see

JimYoungblood53124October 19, 2021 09:47AM

Not for me...

Guard315October 19, 2021 07:58AM

Re: Not for me...