Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ballin' On A Budget

September 24, 2021 06:14AM
socalmab
I do not have season tickets or tickets for that matter. I am contemplating on waiting till game day and trying to scoop up tickets with Ticketmaster of stub hub. Question 1 is,are both safe and comparable? Question #2 what is the best ay to get into Sofi if I want to avoid parking there. Is Uber viable or is there a shuttle from somewhere/metro?? Thanks in advance

A little about me to put things into context...

I make a decent living...definitely enough to purchase season tix. But I didn't (and likely won't, if given the opportunity) because I'm CHEAP. There, I said it!

With that said...when I DO go to a game, I want to have good seats (i.e. no nose bleeds and in between the 30-yard lines) and will pay a "reasonable" price for them. "Reasonable" by MY standards for a regular season game is no more than $250.

So, when the schedule came out this season, I checked both TM and StubHub. They were pretty similar. And because I'm cheap, I also checked Groupon which (in my experience) is sometimes cheaper. No lie...during McVay's 1st season while the team was still at the Coliseum and folks still didn't know what to make of the team, I was able to score some pretty good seats on Groupon for multiple games (i.e. less than $120 in between the 30-yard lines).

Anyways, prices for both the season opener and TB were out of control (by my standards), so I took a pass on them. Finally settled on some tix that I found on TM for the Jacksonville game in December. Those tix were among the cheapest besides Arizona and Detroit and are in a decent location (i.e. one of the middle sections just outside the 30-yard line).

We're already headed up to Seattle next month for the TNF game and I think I got those tickets through Vivid Seats (again, very similar to TM and StubHub in terms of pricing). Have already decided that I'll extend my cheap limit to $400 should the Rams get a home playoff game (Super Bowl will likely be out of reach).

As for parking...

I'm still researching this as well, but I have a buddy that lives within a few blocks of the Stadium. He probably makes 2/3 of my salary, but IS a season ticket holder (go figure). He's offered to let me use his street parking placard for the Jags game. Outside of that, I've heard that things remain a bit unsettled with respect to ride-share options. I heard that the pick-up/drop off location is across the street at the Forum and it's pretty much a free-for-all. There's also likely to be "surge" pricing in effect. I also know that the City of Inglewood is offering shuttle service from a handful of local city parking garages for approx. $50 (includes parking and to/from shuttle fare), but haven't heard how efficient that is.

Hope this helps.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sofi question on a budget

socalmab409September 24, 2021 04:29AM

Re: Sofi question on a budget

AlbaNY_Ram247September 24, 2021 04:43AM

Golden Ram158September 24, 2021 05:49AM

Ballin' On A Budget

ramBRO174September 24, 2021 06:14AM

Rampage2K-104September 24, 2021 09:38AM