Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Sean McVay: I have to do a better job getting DeSean Jackson involved in the Rams’ offense

September 21, 2021 12:30PM
[profootballtalk.nbcsports.com]
Sean McVay: I have to do a better job getting DeSean Jackson involved in the Rams’ offense
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 20, 2021, 7:19 PM EDT

NFL: SEP 19 Rams at Colts
Getty Images
The Rams’ passing game has performed well this season, but wide receiver DeSean Jackson has not been a part of it. Rams coach Sean McVay says that needs to change.

Jackson has just two catches for 21 yards this season, and yesterday he played only three snaps in Indianapolis. McVay said today that Jackson isn’t injured and wasn’t benched, it was just that the Rams didn’t call for the right personnel groupings to get him on the field.

Bill Belichick offers 1,500-word discourse on long snappers, off the top of his head - ProFootballTalk
“I’ve got to figure out a better way of getting him involved in the rotation,” McVay said, via Greg Beacham of the Associated Press.

Jackson will turn 35 this season and has struggled to stay healthy in recent years, but the Rams still hope he can become a big-play threat in McVay’s offense.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Sean McVay wants to get DeSean Jackson involved more: 'He's too good of a player'

BerendsenRam214September 21, 2021 11:05AM

Re: Sean McVay wants to get DeSean Jackson involved more: 'He's too good of a player'

nicecatchellard168September 21, 2021 11:14AM

Re: DeSean Jackson should be returning punts!

oldschoolramfan87September 21, 2021 12:01PM

Re: DeSean Jackson should be returning punts!

Rams4348September 21, 2021 01:11PM

Re: Sean McVay wants to get DeSean Jackson involved more: 'He's too good of a player'

napoli149September 21, 2021 12:14PM

BerendsenRam119September 21, 2021 12:30PM