Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Will DeShaun Watson ever play football again?

August 06, 2021 05:32AM
RockRam
According to a new SI.com story, 10 more women have come forward, all filing CRIMINAL complaints (and of course also filing Civil lawsuits).

This isn't unlike the Cosby case. A nationally recognized, if not beloved, star being accused by a large number of women of things that the person's outward persona makes it seem impossible to imagine. And yet, there it is.

Houston is going to be stuck with what amounts to a lame Secretariat. What team in their right mind would trade for him? Or at least trade much of anything (a 2nd or a 3rd hoping this all goes away in a couple of years?). Problem is, he comes with a big contract.

I also find the NFL's complete lack of interest in this case astonishing. That Watson has not been indefinitely suspended says more about the NFL and Goodell that I can probably say because of the super sensitivities involved. But I have maintained for a very long time that Goodell is headed down a path that can only result in exactly this kind of mess. He has chosen sides in the social justice, fractured society, politics of our day. And now he has a real problem on his hands: it's a minority star QB versus now more than 30 women claiming sexual crimes against them. And, once again, the NFL has chosen sides by their silence and inaction. The problem is, the "sides" keep getting divided into so many special interest groups that no matter which group you side with it'll upset a combined majority of the other sides.

Goodell is soon going to lose his status as a media darling. And I seriously doubt Watson ever plays in the NFL again.

Trevor Bauer might be headed down the same path with MLB.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Will DeShaun Watson ever play football again?

RockRam496August 06, 2021 05:05AM

21Dog211August 06, 2021 05:32AM

Yeah, but at least MLB took action.

RockRam199August 06, 2021 05:56AM

He's a QB

Ramboni153August 07, 2021 07:55AM

Re: He's a QB

Ramsdude123August 07, 2021 12:32PM

Tortured dogs versus sexually assaulting women?

RockRam155August 07, 2021 12:47PM

Re: Tortured dogs versus sexually assaulting women?

Ramsdude125August 07, 2021 12:59PM

waterfield149August 07, 2021 12:49PM

Is it fair?

moklerman271August 07, 2021 01:20PM