Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DeSean Jackson called LeSean McCoy recruiting him to Rams, and the RB sounds interested

July 21, 2021 01:50PM
[theramswire.usatoday.com]

DeSean Jackson called LeSean McCoy recruiting him to Rams, and the RB sounds interested

Cameron DaSilva
July 21, 2021 1:02 pm PT
The Los Angeles Rams aren’t necessarily in the market for a running back after losing Cam Akers to a torn Achilles, but there’s one player who might be interested in helping them out at the position. LeSean McCoy is still available and would give the Rams some helpful veteran leadership and experience, and he’s already being recruited by a friend in L.A.

McCoy was on the Touchdown Wire NFL podcast with Doug Farrar and he said DeSean Jackson called him twice about potentially playing for the Rams. McCoy didn’t shoot the idea down, saying he thinks it would be a great fit.

“That would be a great opportunity, L.A. I mean, who doesn’t want to be in L.A.? But the team, I think Sean McVay’s a great coach, mastermind. And I think they made some great moves this offseason,” McCoy said. “One of my best friends is DeSean Jackson. He brought it up, he called me yesterday and he called me today about potentially coming out there. He was joking about it, but I’m aware, I’m alert with what’s going on. I think that’s a great team, that would be a great fit. They have a great chance to win a Super Bowl. And the best player in the NFL plays for them – by the way, a Pittsburgh guy.”

McCoy, of course, is talking about Aaron Donald as the best player in the NFL. They both went to Pittsburgh and though they’ve never played together before, Donald certainly makes the Rams a more enticing landing spot for any player.

As for Matthew Stafford, McCoy’s draftmate from 2009, he thinks the former Lions quarterback is underrated.

“I don’t think he gets enough credit because he can play,” McCoy said. “And I don’t want to disrespect any players he’s played with with the Lions, but I don’t think those teams were super great, but he did some great things over there. Super talented, big arm, very intelligent, smart guy. I know Stafford, we came in together in the same draft. … He can play. He really can play.”

Don’t expect the Rams to sign McCoy right now, but if Darrell Henderson Jr. and their other running backs don’t step up in camp, a veteran like McCoy could be brought in.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

BerendsenRam433July 21, 2021 01:50PM

Re: DeSean Jackson called LeSean McCoy recruiting him to Rams, and the RB sounds interested

BerendsenRam189July 21, 2021 01:53PM

Re: DeSean Jackson called LeSean McCoy recruiting him to Rams, and the RB sounds interested

moklerman281July 21, 2021 02:10PM

LeSean McCoy recruiting him to Rams: Agree moklerman

Anonymous User240July 21, 2021 03:04PM

Re: LeSean McCoy recruiting him to Rams: Agree moklerman

Ramsdude170July 21, 2021 03:42PM

Sorry, This Sounds Like Marvin Jones, Pt. 2

ramBRO205July 21, 2021 03:14PM

Is he still alive?

ferragamo79234July 21, 2021 05:00PM

Classicalwit197July 21, 2021 05:08PM