Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: LA Rams: Austin Corbett owns offensive center position hands down

July 15, 2021 02:24PM
den-the-coach
HornsUpRamily!
Corbett may be the best option for OC that the Rams have, but Bobby Evans is a concern.

And I'm looking at that 2022 roster, and wonder where the offensive linemen will come from...

Why do you think Evans is a concern? One of the reasons they wanted to move Corbett to Center was to clear a spot for Evans, who proved to be a road grader at LG when he filled in for Edwards. Now, Evans needs to work on his pass protection, but IMO, he's answered the call twice when called upon and I'm interested to see how he handles being the guy from day one.

It's because he "needs to work on his pass protection." It's not just a thing he needs to work on, he showed that he can be a complete liability with that.

Needing to work on something and actually fixing it are 2 different things so let's see how he does.

It's not a huge problem because he has 2 guys behind him who look like good candidates (Anchrum and Brewer).

Meanwhile I don't think they move Corbett to center to make room for Evans, I think they moved Corbett to center because he's their best option at center (by far), and that left a hole at OG where they're trying out Evans cause he is the first in line for that (having been drafted in 2019, a year before the other 2 were acquired).

If he works out that's good, but as I said if not, it's a position where they have other options.

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

LA Rams: Austin Corbett owns offensive center position hands down

BerendsenRam524July 15, 2021 11:18AM

The idea that a team can pre-plan all their positions in advance is ludicrous

RockRam167July 15, 2021 11:30AM

HornsUpRamily!136July 15, 2021 12:02PM

den-the-coach132July 15, 2021 01:01PM

HornsUpRamily!134July 15, 2021 01:26PM

zn126July 15, 2021 02:24PM

Why a concern? He's still developing. OL nearly always do.

RockRam156July 15, 2021 02:57PM

Re: Why a concern? He's still developing. OL nearly always do.

zn193July 15, 2021 03:44PM

BerendsenRam142July 15, 2021 02:06PM