Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Better, worse, or the same? How the LA Rams Offense has changed this offseason…

July 08, 2021 07:44AM
The ESPN article tries to give a thumbs up or down based almost entirely on the who's in vs. who's out algorithm. But what about who gets a shot to play? perspective? What about who's on the bench considerations?

I get it, this is a rough crosscut of the team. But saying that the Rams are worse with losing Everett and gaining Harris seems premature. We know that the LA Rams have Higbee still, whose role could increase. We know that the Rams have Hopkins who sat practically all season on the bench in 2020, and we know that the team has added an athletic freak in Jacob Harris. I don't see 'worse' in that scenario.

The same analyst examined the Rams offensive line, and while they caught the loss of Austin Blythe, they failed to mention the return of Chandler Brewer from his opt-out season. The guy also poo-poohed the Rams addition of several offensive linemen outside of the draft.

I get it. ESPN is working for 32 NFL teams, and Lindsey Thiry covers both the LA Rams and the LA Chargers. But there is nothing really insightful here. Just a preview of the roster and counting bodies. Every now and then, she flashes some relatively insightful look into the Rams organization.

This just isn't one of those times.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Better, worse, or the same? How the LA Rams Offense has changed this offseason…

Rams43166July 08, 2021 06:59AM

Pretty fair assessment

RockRam83July 08, 2021 07:32AM

Lindsey Thiry ain’t no Jourdan Rodrgue…

Rams43114July 08, 2021 07:37AM

I agree, there is no insight in this one. Just counting bodies

HornsUpRamily!129July 08, 2021 07:46AM

Re: Better, worse, or the same? How the LA Rams Offense has changed this offseason…

HornsUpRamily!85July 08, 2021 07:44AM