Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Insight? No. Spin? Yes. "A to A+" Good read Merlin

Anonymous User
June 21, 2021 04:20PM
merlin
Look I get it too btw. The Rams are the consummate California team. They're never going to call a spade a spade in the press and tbh that is also today's pro sports.

But that said there were some things Demoff said that made me laugh, and some of them were being eaten up by the local press. Like the comment "upgrading from an A to an A+." Well that's great for fitting with the modern pro sports mentality of not wanting to hurt anyone's feelings but it's disingenuous at best.

Whether you agree with what the Rams did at QB or not, the fact is this was a Head Coach divorce from a QB they just paid. Demoff would have us believe the Rams saw a better QB and that was the driving factor in this.

But it was far more than that.

Not that it really matters btw. Just calling it what it is here.

You don't give up your QB plus two first round picks to upgrade from an A to an A+. Argue it all you want if you think I'm wrong here but facts are facts.

I think they did the right thing.

I also don't fault them for trying to remain classy re: Goff. It's all good.

But Demoff is simply not going to capture the event accurately because he can't get around the PC nature of the job.

IMO the fans around electronic Ramsdom have a far better grasp of what happened, of the how's and why's of the actual decision being made to move on, than anything that came out in that issue of 11 Personnel.

What the team's message to the press should have been, and Demoff did touch on this to his credit, is that they don't allow for subpar play just because somebody got a big paycheck.

Goff's a young QB and has plenty of time and opportunity to turn his career around btw.

But his play was subpar.

He was bad for two consecutive years and he was holding this team back.

IMO the Rams making that move is a great message to the entire team that they don't abide subpar play just because you're gonna be hard to move. In fact they will move your rear end out the door. I love that.

I think it was a brilliant decision to do what they had to do to add Stafford.

And I think that move will net them championship hardware in that new stadium in the coming years.

Quarterback play & special teams issues along with no deep threat netted this team an overall B grade in my little opinion.

You upgraded the QB and hopefully the special teams.

You also added a deep threat/s and now you have a strong chance of going from a B to A.

You only get an A+ if your franchise hoists the championship hardware at the end of the season.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/21/2021 04:22PM by Florida_Ram.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Listen to the new 11 Personnel podcast: superb

RockRam619June 18, 2021 05:44AM

Listen to the new 11 Personnel podcast: Link?

Anonymous User201June 18, 2021 04:18PM

Re: Listen to the new 11 Personnel podcast: Link?

Ohiorams226June 18, 2021 04:36PM

Ohiorams182June 18, 2021 04:39PM

Ohiorams200June 18, 2021 04:38PM

It's a podcast

Ram_Ruler134June 19, 2021 02:45AM

It's easy. Just Google "11 personnel podcast", and it pops up (nm)

RockRam206June 19, 2021 03:03AM

link

zn111June 19, 2021 04:06AM

Insight? No. Spin? Yes.

merlin311June 21, 2021 06:41AM

Anonymous User143June 21, 2021 04:20PM

BerendsenRam311June 21, 2021 04:27PM

Im not sure everybody here would agree with your statements. NM

PHDram180June 21, 2021 05:37PM