Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: After sleeping on it, I wake up still very disappointed...

May 01, 2021 06:28AM
dzrams
I get the disappointment since I'm not too particularly fond of the players they selected but they didn't abandon the philosophy of providing replacements for upcoming UFAs.

DJ is a one-year rental and clearly, McVay feels that an explosive player is mandatory in his system. Atwell is his replacement. We can dislike the player or type of WR they chose but finding youth now for when DJ leaves next year still aligns with the pattern.

Same for the LB Jones. Two of their four LBs are upcoming free agents.

They don't have upcoming free agents at WOLB so we probably never should have expected them to use a premium pick there.

Agree that DJ is a 1 year rental. But a vertical threat WR could have waited until late 4th or even found in the 6th. No way should have been the pick at 57. No freaking way. For all I know, Rams may have declined a juicy trade down there because McVay was fixated on Tutu.

As to Jones, you may have a point as far as value and future need. But there should have been a quality player taken at 88 beforehand. Heaven knows that there was no shortage of candidates. A trade out of 88 swapping 3rds plus a 4th would have been fine, even ideal. But to drop all the way down to mid-4th for that 88 was a strategic error and I don’t give a rip about what the trade value charts say. They lack context, strategically. Snead got hosed by the 49ers, no way to sugarcoat it.

So, Jones, by default, became our second pick and our only 3rd yesterday by default.

As to WOLB, no upcoming UFA’s, true, but a very unproven collection, indeed. Therefore, it’s a weakness on D, if not our Achilles heel. Therefore, it would be wise to address it if a player were available at our pick which was the case. Drafting 101, if you ask me. But Nooooo... McVay had to have his gadget toy. I’m equally frustrated and disappointed.

Snead/McVay were playing checkers yesterday and Brad Holmes looked like he was playing chess.

Yeah, I’m pissed. Didn’t see this coming. It’s not a good feeling when one learns that their heroes have feet of clay. I’ll get over it at some point, but it probably won’t be today. Sigh...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

After sleeping on it, I wake up still very disappointed...

Rams43731May 01, 2021 05:39AM

abandoning the successful philosophy

PHDram210May 01, 2021 05:48AM

Re: abandoning the successful philosophy

Rams43199May 01, 2021 06:07AM

Well said! We miss Brad Holmes

Stafford9279May 01, 2021 05:55AM

dzrams165May 01, 2021 06:03AM

given his recent injury history.......

21Dog185May 01, 2021 06:10AM

Re: given his recent injury history.......

dzrams164May 01, 2021 06:19AM

Rams43211May 01, 2021 06:28AM

BearlyThere255May 01, 2021 06:38AM

Brad Holmes

Ram49218May 01, 2021 07:21AM

I really don't know either guy and I'm disappointed lol..

sstrams157May 01, 2021 07:35AM

I'm mostly disappointed...but not crying in my beer about it...

JamesJM154May 01, 2021 07:57AM