Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The Jones pick feels like a bone thrown to Morris.

May 01, 2021 04:01AM
Something tells me that the Earnest Jones pick was a Raheem Morris pick. He's always relied on MLBs/ILBs in his defensive schemes. I also think they are looking to Jones as the signal caller because that's what he was known for at South Carolina.

As for the Kiser comparison. Unfair. When Kiser was picked, it was considered a very good pick. By fans and media. How has it turned out? Not as good as hoped but mainly because the guy can't stay healthy and on the field. If you can't stay healthy, you can't develop. So the comparison is really not a draft day to draft day comparison. It's how it has all turned out with Kiser and a fear that it will happen the same. That's emotion; not logic.

And comparisons are nice for the sake of conversation. But Jones isn't Kiser. Just because they are of similar build and h/w/s doesn't make them the same player.

I'm not predicting that Jones is going to be great. But some afterthought of a guy that in no way fit the mold of an MLB named London Fletcher did pretty well for himself and for the Rams. Don't judge a book by its cover. Too big, too small, too slow... all this stuff is about some kind of standards that people develop. Jordon Fuller was too slow. Cooper Kupp was too slow. D. Williams was too small. Some guy on the KC Chiefs named Hill was too small and went to a no-name school. What all teams need is guys that can really play football at a high level. Is that what the Rams drafted in Jones? Check back about 2023 or 24 and we'll know for sure.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

The Jones pick feels like a bone thrown to Morris.

RockRam564May 01, 2021 04:01AM

Re: The Jones pick feels like a bone thrown to Morris.

no name349May 01, 2021 05:22AM

The Jones pick feels like a bone thrown to Morris. Nope

Anonymous User206May 01, 2021 05:39AM

He can't cover

Ram49123May 01, 2021 07:05AM