Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

The difference is the money and the player involved.

April 05, 2021 11:52AM
This is anything but apples to apples with the Rams acquiring Stafford.

First, is the money. Goff had a huge contract that had to be jettisoned. Darnold is still on his rookie contract.
Second, is Stafford. Stafford compared to Darnold is not only apples to oranges, its more like apples to raisins. In other words, they can't be spoken of in the same breath. Stafford is elite, Darnold is so far a bust.

Third, about Brockers. This was all about jettisoning a big salary and not taking on a cap hit. Getting a late and conditional future pick for him was simply an issue of establishing a legitimate trade versus cutting him, and thus incurring a cap hit. The Rams accomplished their goal.

As for Carolina..... I feel sorry for their fans. Darnold is not as good as the guy he's replacing, Bridgewater.

But the delicious part is that theoretically the top 2 rated QBs are coming off the board before San Fran picks. So if Lawrence and Wilson are gone (close to a certainty), that leaves Fields and Mac Jones and Trey Lance.

I admit that because QBs are close to hitting a balloon with a dart to get right, who knows who will be the better NFL QBs among them. I happen to believe that Trask could end up the best of the bunch because of his accuracy and what goes on above the neck. Lawrence has some pretty significant lack of leadership flags, and an inability to move the team when the running game falters. Not saying he won't be really good, it's just far from a sure thing.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jets trade Donald to Carolina for a 6th this year and a 2 & 4 next year

The Professor578April 05, 2021 11:20AM

PFT: Jets Trade Sam Darnold To Panthers

BerendsenRam201April 05, 2021 11:36AM

The difference is the money and the player involved.

RockRam443April 05, 2021 11:52AM

Re: The difference is the money and the player involved.

Ekern55178April 05, 2021 01:37PM

Re: Difference between Stafford and Darnold according to Carolina...

dzrams205April 05, 2021 12:37PM