Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few things I think I think as we approach the offseason...

March 09, 2021 11:22AM
These are generalities, not specifics. Trying to be too specific without a helluva lot more information would be a fool’s errand.

But I do feel that the following are pretty solid projections, and it’s just for funsies, anyway, so here goes...

I cannot fathom that Rams made that bold and expensive ‘all in’ move to get Stafford without a plan to improve the OL and acquire a vertical WR threat. Man, they just wouldn’t do that. The O future is now. They’re gonna ‘fix’ that OL at least and I’m almost positive that Stafford is gonna get his deep threat one way or another.

I further think that the Kromer departure occurred because he differed too much with McVay’s desire to overhaul the OL both scheme and personnel wise.

I believe Jordan’s report that she’d heard that 3 new OL players will be brought in and may be starters this year. Maybe an existing starter at one position will be moved to another position for which he’s better suited? One way or another this makes total sense, don’t you think? Might be somewhat like what Snead/McVay did to overhaul the OL back in 2017. Pretty good results that time, huh?

I expect an all out restructuring by Rams to get some cap room for a couple of key FA signings. Maybe 4 or more? Not to acquire elite players, but Sully or Floyd types.

I think a trade of Brockers and/or Hav is a distinct possibility. Both play at deep positions and their freed cap space could allow signing a couple of quality tier 2 players at need positions. I know this would upset some but this is a business and team trumps player every time.

We are gonna see a ton of the most creative contracts around the league in NFL history. Teams will defer the hell out of contract monies because they believe the new TV contract will be a rich one and restore the annual cap increase trajectory.

Players and agents are gonna find themselves forced to be far more ‘flexible’ on their contract demands because of the Covid cap reductions in ‘21. That means that there might actually be many one year bargains on the market this offseason.

Hopefully, the Rams have a superior scouting dept that is better able to do accurate evals despite the Covid restrictions. If this works out then the Rams will be positioned to pounce on quality players that fell through the cracks for other teams. IOW, the late picks could be a bonanza for Snead, even more than usual.

I expect Snead to trade down out of #57, maybe even twice IF he likes the landscape below.

I think that Rams better give Williams a 1st round tender or they might lose him.

I fully expect a Top 3 Defense from Morris despite losing Floyd, JJ, and Hill, among others. Morris has so much experience and the few holes are gonna get plugged. Heck, our ILB position might actually be improved.

I’m expecting big things from Burgess this year, probably at nickel CB.

Thoughts?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2021 11:22AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few things I think I think as we approach the offseason...

Rams43381March 09, 2021 11:22AM

Not one comment or disagreement?

Rams43161March 10, 2021 07:35AM

Re: Not one comment or disagreement?

db269March 10, 2021 08:17AM

Re: Not one comment or disagreement?

Rams43291March 10, 2021 11:21AM

Re: A few things I think I think as we approach the offseason...

droopy205March 10, 2021 08:23AM

Re: A few things I think I think as we approach the offseason...

Deadpool156March 10, 2021 11:48AM