Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Not one comment or disagreement?

March 10, 2021 08:17AM
All reasonable possibilities, just hard to know right now, we are all just guessing, but I'll offer 2 things:

- I think Burgess is a safety as opposed to a nickel CB. I certainly could be wrong, but he looks better to me moving forward and flying around and pursuing angles compared to being in coverage on smaller fast twitch slot receivers. I'm sure he'll do both, defense is about being deceptive these days.

- Here is what I was told in general about Kromer - think of it in terms of McVay's natural progression of stretching his wings. When he was first hired in 2017, they either brought in or had a lot of older, very experienced assistants - Wade Phillips, John Fassel, Joe Barry, Aaron Kromer, Greg Olson. This was obviously done on purpose by Rams management to help the transition for the youngest head coach in history. But as McVay has grown and become more experienced, he knows what he wants (for better or worse) and is exerting control. Make no mistake, this is his team and staff now, all those older guys are gone. Kromer was simply the last piece of that previous construct. So it wasn't some specific argument, it was simply he wants to dictate what he wants in the OL going forward without the resistance an older coach might give or has given previously. In many ways, it's like corporate politics.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2021 08:22AM by db.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few things I think I think as we approach the offseason...

Rams43382March 09, 2021 11:22AM

Not one comment or disagreement?

Rams43162March 10, 2021 07:35AM

db269March 10, 2021 08:17AM

Rams43292March 10, 2021 11:21AM

Re: A few things I think I think as we approach the offseason...

droopy206March 10, 2021 08:23AM

Re: A few things I think I think as we approach the offseason...

Deadpool156March 10, 2021 11:48AM