Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: FiveThirtyEight: Rams, Lions Both Got What They Wanted

February 10, 2021 10:00AM
Frankly, I'm bored with all the articles and posts comparing Goff and Stafford. They are meaningless. IMO, two trades occurred but packaged as a single deal. The first trade was to unload Goff and his huge contract to the Lions. Whether me/you or anyone else agrees with the decision doesn't really matter (unless McVay, Snead, Kroenke are reading this thread, lol). Unloading Goff required the Rams to give up a ton of draft capital. The second trade was to acquire Stafford from the Lions. That deal also required the Rams to give up significant draft capital. I don't believe there was a trade of Goff for Stafford. The Rams were going to trade Goff to another team and the Rams were going to trade for a new quarterback (Watson, Darnold, Stafford, Rogers, pick a name). The Lions were simply able to fill both Rams trade desires with a single deal. So comparing Goff's stats with Stafford's stats is irrelevant since Goff was never going to QB the Rams in 2021.

BTW, this post is not directed at you LMU. I don't post often but do read the site frequently and appreciate your comments. This post just gave me an opportunity to get on my soapbox.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

FiveThirtyEight: Rams, Lions Both Got What They Wanted

LMU93543February 10, 2021 09:35AM

Re: FiveThirtyEight: Rams, Lions Both Got What They Wanted

BamRam258February 10, 2021 10:00AM

I like Soapboxes!!!

OzRam276February 10, 2021 11:14AM

Pretty much agree. Well said.

RockRam221February 10, 2021 12:18PM

Re: Pretty much agree. Well said.

BerendsenRam141February 10, 2021 03:20PM

Average passer ratings over the last 2 years of both QBs rather than 4 years