Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Arians enjoys watching Stafford warm up: ‘Because he’s so special’...

February 03, 2021 10:28AM
Arians Enjoys Watching Stafford Warm Up: 'Because He's So Special

Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians believes Matthew Stafford deserves more accolades.

[www.si.com]

John Maakaron

Across the National Football League, Detroit Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford has earned the respect of many head coaches and players.

During his Tuesday media session, Tampa Bay Buccaneers head coach Bruce Arians took the time to explain why Stafford is a special quarterback and is a player he enjoys watching during pregame warm-ups.

"He's one of my all-time favorite guys. He's tough as nails," Arians said. "Like I said the other day, he's one of the few quarterbacks I like going out and watching warm up, just to watch him throw because he's so special.

"Always felt like he was extremely, one of the top four or five guys in this league for a long time. He's tough as nails, and his guys know it. They know he's gonna suck it up for 'em."

Despite widespread favor across the league, Stafford does not garner much attention in MVP or Pro Bowl talks.

Stafford has only been voted onto the Pro Bowl roster on one occasion in his 12-year career.

"I think same old story is winning, you know?" Arians said. "You can be a great player, (but) if your team's not winning, you're not going to get what you deserve -- and he deserves a lot."
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Arians enjoys watching Stafford warm up: ‘Because he’s so special’...

Rams43632February 03, 2021 10:28AM

Meh. What would he know

RockRam241February 03, 2021 10:38AM

Re: Meh. What would he know

BerendsenRam212February 03, 2021 11:01AM

Is Palmer to Arizona a good comp?

promomasterj181February 03, 2021 01:15PM

Re: Is Palmer to Arizona a good comp?

BerendsenRam223February 03, 2021 03:42PM

2 other examples: QB from bad to good situation

ramzilla153February 03, 2021 09:24PM