Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Rich is a typical intelligent fan

February 02, 2021 01:02PM
He sees Goff's regression and can't figure out how the Rams paid him two years ago without sensing at least some of what plagues him now. And it's a valid point.

But go back to after that Super Bowl. We could have won that game with a couple guys making plays to include the QB. But we were in the Super Bowl. So at that point they're probably feeling pretty good and thinking they can work the kinks out in Goff's game.

Then they hit 2019 and the line is injured and just bad. Goff's weaknesses are magnified again and we see that he's not as developed as maybe the Rams thought. What they probably thought was something they need to coach him up on became something they realized they needed to fix the line first and then coach him up on it. Plus they can't trade him now because they just signed him.

Then 2020 hits and the OL is markedly better. But as soon as Goff gets moved off his spot the Rams' win percentage on plays is in the dumpster still. The Rams were a very good team but a team with a flaw: a QB who is a pressure away from a low chance of moving the chains or a high chance of making a mistake. A QB who could not get through his reads, who missed big plays routinely, I mean this is all stuff I tried telling you guys earlier this year.

I'm not absolving the Rams here. They made a mistake paying Goff early. They made a mistake paying Gurley early. They made a mistake paying Cooks early I think, seem to recall him having a year on his contract when they got him but may be wrong. And so on. But what I find interesting is that the weakness we see with the Rams is all formed out of the desire to do right by players. Hopefully by now they have learned their lesson on that and if they have maybe this model they've stumbled upon ends up not only getting it done but also comes with a bigger window than people expect.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

11 personnel podcast with a very fair assessment of both parties

Ram_Ruler313February 02, 2021 12:35PM

Rich is a typical intelligent fan

merlin184February 02, 2021 01:02PM

Re: Rich is a typical intelligent fan

Ekern55157February 02, 2021 01:33PM

Re: Rich is a typical intelligent fan

merlin112February 02, 2021 01:50PM

In the end Mcvay didn't draft him

promomasterj151February 02, 2021 01:27PM

Re: In the end Mcvay didn't draft him