Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

My early morning take on Trade

January 30, 2021 08:19PM
Ok, so living in Scotland, not being able to sleep, I've got up early 5am, to find the board a buzzing re The Trade.

My turning computer on ritual, is NFL.com and Ramsrule tabs open in Chrome! I see from NFL.com, Lions Rams swap QB's. Ok cool that seems like a pretty good deal.

On further reading, WOOOOOw, and 2 1sts and a 3rd! Holly Crow, what the monkeys were Snead/McVay drink last night???

But after reading a bunch of comments from around the league and on the board here, this is my take now:
  • Rams fans overvalued Goff's value
  • Massively. Which considering what's gone down not just over the last 2 weeks, but last 2 years isn't that surprising that he isn't valued right now.
  • Goff's contract was a total @£$%^^%$$.
  • Look if he cleans up and sorts his head out a bit (better in a different system) then he will be valued again but due to his current play and big contract, what Teams want to take on that Cap crippling contract (because it's still big even after traded).
  • They might with a bit of compensation!!
  • And that's the rub, if he plays well next year, Detroit could trade him for possible a 1st who knows, except not this year and that was our problem!
  • Stafford is a very good QB (older, not for ever, some shoulder issues) that will still command decent compensation. By several accounts at least a 1st this year and more. One report saying Lions had an even better offer, but this was fairest to Stafford to.

So it depends on how you value Stafford. Personally, on paper (not stats, but the way he plays) I think he is a decent upgrade over Goff. Did we pay more than we'd have liked as fans. SURE. But if we wanted a new QB, we needed to remove Goff's salary and pay a bit extra because Detroit needs to wait longer for their main compensation.

So personally I'm now stoked. If you just forget about the 1st rounders (I love the draft, so that's hard for me) this is looking GOOD!

Bottom line, Stafford is a Ram now!! Go Rams!!
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

My early morning take on Trade

OzRam550January 30, 2021 08:19PM

Re: My early morning take on Trade

Rams43228January 30, 2021 08:29PM

ramBRO206January 30, 2021 08:41PM

OzRam212January 30, 2021 08:56PM

21Dog119January 31, 2021 04:32AM