Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, Fortunately...I Don't Think That We'll Be Doing A Whole Lot Of Passing

January 11, 2021 05:46PM
McVay only asked Goff to pass 19 times on Saturday and I don't think that he was going to ask Wolford to do any more than that either.

On the flip side, Akers and Brown rushed the ball 37 times. Considering where the Ram offense has been the past couple of weeks, I don't see any departure from the run-heavy formula (except that we might see Woody get a couple of handoffs).

All this is to say...regardless of who starts at QB for the Rams, I think that they'll only be asked to manage things as opposed to going out and winning the game for us.

On the other side of the ball, though...

I've already made it clear that, regardless of whether it's at home or on the road, beating a HOF QB is extremely tough to do. What makes me believe that we have a shot is:

1) Our defense is playing really well right now - both up front and on the back end. If Donald can play, we should be able to get a good pass rush with our front four and, hopefully, slow down their run game.

2) If the decision is made to have Ramsey match-up mostly with Adams, I believe that he'll more than hold his own (which means that he'll win some and lose some and maybe even force Rogers to look for other options. As much as Donald, Ramsey has meant everything to this defense.

Suffice to say, this isna tough match-up regardless of where we'd play. I don't think the cold weather will have that much of an impact with a number of our players having experience from playing cold-weather games in college.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Not a good cold weather stat.

stlramz611January 11, 2021 05:10PM

Well, Fortunately...I Don't Think That We'll Be Doing A Whole Lot Of Passing

ramBRO161January 11, 2021 05:46PM

You may be right... and I would have agreed

JamesJM293January 11, 2021 05:57PM

Question: Will it be more harsh than the Bear game?

leafnose183January 11, 2021 06:07PM

.Pete Carroll was 6-0 at home in the playoffs, until....the Rams came to town

Rampage2K-351January 11, 2021 07:00PM

Re: .Pete Carroll was 6-0 at home in the playoffs, until....the Rams came to town

BerendsenRam126January 12, 2021 12:27AM

No 12th Man: Green Bay to allow over 6k for game

leafnose144January 12, 2021 03:23AM

What was the best defense Rogers faced in that span?

Ramgator103January 12, 2021 04:09AM