Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Some good stuff against TB

November 24, 2020 06:09AM
lol It's like we watched the same game! Nice recap, moklerman.

I would like to add to this topic: "The running game wasn't it's usual strong self ..."

As the announcers were repeatedly pointing out how weak the Rams' running game was I quickly checked ESPN for their in-game stats. At that point the Rams had 17 yards rushing and the Bucs had 21, yet the announcers never talked about how bad the Bucs running game was.

After that I checked the Bucs defense every time the Rams came to the line of scrimmage. 8 & 9 in the box, sometimes 10. It's like the Bucs were determined to stop the run and force Goff to beat them. Personally, when I see that many guys in the box I think that the run game has already succeeded in setting up the pass. That's the whole point, isn't it? To force the other team to overcommit to the run so the passing lanes open up? Well, if they come out with 9 in the box you have already won that battle, and for my tastes there's no point in repeatedly bashing your RBs into a stone wall just so you can have balance. I like taking what the defense gives you no matter what that ends up looking like on the stat sheet.

AlbaNY_Ram
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some good stuff against TB

moklerman277November 24, 2020 05:59AM

AlbaNY_Ram173November 24, 2020 06:09AM

Rams43147November 24, 2020 06:13AM

moklerman126November 24, 2020 06:17AM

Ramsdude141November 24, 2020 06:23AM