Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Some good stuff against TB

November 24, 2020 05:59AM
First off, the Rams OL! Tremendous job by that group. ZERO sacks against a defense averaging 3 per game. And that wasn't in a run dominated effort on offense. 51 pass attempts, 0 sacks. Awesome job.

Defense. Another great effort and they sealed the deal at the end. They did give up a little more than their 5 points in the 2nd half but not much. 10 points against a Brady led offense is pretty good. The defense has evolved and doesn't rely on Donald to singlehandedly blow things up. He isn't piling up stats but he is opening things up for the rest of the defense. It's too bad his triple teams and double teams don't show up on the stat sheet but he's allowing the defense as a whole to thrive. Ramsey gets all the attention right now and he's doing a good job but the other DB's are really doing well too. Much like the OL, if you never hear their name called, it's usually a good thing.

The new kicker. Granted, he missed one but overall, he looked like an NFL kicker. His kickoffs were boomed out of the end zone and for his first game back in a while, he didn't look too rusty and left me thinking we have something to work with. Missing one that faded a little on him is much better than some of the weak looking kicks by the rookie and the scuds that the other vet was launching.

Coaching. McVay had these guys ready and really should have had a much easier win. He went with what was working and was putting Goff in good situations all night long. The running game wasn't it's usual strong self and he didn't try and force it. Woods and Kupp ate up the defense and their YAC numbers continued to impress.

Goff. This isn't the first time I've been ready to agree that he's turned a corner. That first half overall and that drive to get the last second FG that was critical IMO. It was an excellent half of football by him. Then bad Goff showed up. Oh well, I guess we'll all have to hang our hats on his good halves suggesting that he can expand that to good games. He got it together enough for the Rams to win on the road so no harm, no foul.

Lastly, the Rams didn't embarrass themselves on a primetime game. I know it's just superstition but they have a real problem with that too often. They aren't a runaway favorite by any means but they are playing well enough that they can compete with anyone right now.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some good stuff against TB

moklerman274November 24, 2020 05:59AM

Re: Some good stuff against TB

AlbaNY_Ram172November 24, 2020 06:09AM

Rams43145November 24, 2020 06:13AM

moklerman124November 24, 2020 06:17AM

Ramsdude140November 24, 2020 06:23AM