Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Report: Cowboys are making it known Everson Griffen is available

October 27, 2020 10:24AM
Is he worth a shot? Does have anything left? He would be cheap to add...

Posted by Mike Florio on October 26, 2020, 7:13 PM EDT
Link

The Cowboys have plenty of pass rushers. They’re willing to part ways with one of them.

Via Ian Rapoport of NFL Media, the Cowboys are making it known that defensive end Everson Griffen is available in trade.

Griffen has a $3 million salary and $3 million in per-game roster bonuses. This means that, with seven of 10 weeks completed, he’d be available for $1.76 million in salary and $187,500 for each game in which Griffen is on the active roster.

Griffen, a cornerstone for several years in Minnesota, has 2.5 sacks in seven games with the Cowboys.

Although the Cowboys are 2-5, they barely trail the Eagles for first place in the NFC East. This seems to be less about folding the tents and more about selling off an asset at a position where the Cowboys enjoy a surplus.

Griffen, an accomplished edge rusher and great leader, could help a contender like, say, the Seahawks, who would benefit from someone/anyone who can get to the quarterback.

#HelmetHornsMatter

“Well, the color is good, I like the metallic blue,” Youngblood recently said while laughing, via NFL Journal. “The horn is terrible. It looks like a ‘C.’ When I first saw it on the logo I honestly thought it was a Charger logo.

“Now when I see it on the helmet, it just isn’t a ram horn. There is no distinct curl like a mature ram horn. I don’t know how the Rams could get that wrong. That is your symbol and it has been for what? Seventy years or more? Longer than I have been alive? It’s just not us, it’s not the Rams.”---Mr. Ram Jack Youngblood

SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Ramsdude371October 27, 2020 10:24AM

I'd take Aldon Smith...

sstrams207October 27, 2020 10:26AM

Re: I'd take Aldon Smith...

RAMbler218October 27, 2020 10:32AM

I dunno!

sstrams264October 27, 2020 10:36AM

This was so funny when it happened.

Silverback229October 27, 2020 10:39AM