Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mostly agree

October 21, 2020 12:11PM
Leoram
I've seen enough to know. The Rams were pretty good through the 70's. We had a few good teams in the 80's. The 90's mostly sucked but had some moments. The GSOT was special but was followed by an historically inept stretch until McVay came aboard.

Sean's first two years spoiled us to expect greatness. That's what made last year hard to watch. That has carried us over to this year.

The Rams have a pretty good team with several very good to great players. They could even catch fire in the playoffs. But overall, it's time to adjust our expectations as fans. They are just a pretty good team. Better than the NFC LEAST. Better than any team in NY. We will probably have a winning record.

But this isn't a great team. I will enjoy the season more if I just think of them as a pretty good team.

Our Rams are certainly not a bad team or a great team at this point. I think "pretty good" is a pretty good description. But I think the dice haven't stopped spinning on what they can become. That's true of most teams, but more true of the Rams than most, I think.

They haven't been decimated by injuries and will have some potentially key guys returning. I'm thinking of Fuller, Okoronkwo, Lewis, and Robinson. Mind you, I don't expect Lewis to make a big splash this year. But if he can stay healthy, he and Okoronkwo do have a chance to shore up that edge rush, which IMO is the biggest single weakness on the team. The return of those four guys, paired with the benefit of getting up to speed on Staley's defense, and Staley himself getting up to speed as a DC - all that gives me reason to hope that the Rams' D post-bye week will be better.

Forbath >>> Sloman, if history is any guide.

I think/hope that in the end the quality of the offense will out.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A pretty good team

Leoram551October 20, 2020 06:02PM

Re: A pretty good team

BerendsenRam197October 20, 2020 08:43PM

Re: I'll take pretty good over pretty bad!

oldschoolramfan142October 21, 2020 05:18AM

"we just beat ourselves vs the whiners".... I gotta disagree.

RAMbler133October 21, 2020 11:14AM

Re: A pretty good team

chico n da rams204October 21, 2020 05:32AM

Mostly agree

Suh-weet!166October 21, 2020 12:11PM

Re: Mostly agree

Leoram124October 22, 2020 04:21AM

Re: are they pretty good?

Speed_Kills121October 22, 2020 04:49AM