Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Just some college stuff

September 29, 2020 05:43PM
alyoshamucci
I came into this game expecting to get punched in the mouth ... but overall the comeback we had was more important than getting the W in my opinion. This is early in the season and these guys just had a serious bonding moment that we can build from.

I'll get the bad call thing out of the way first.

Bad Call

1) What I saw was Gabriel firing off the line like he was going to block. He did not try to get off the jam in any way ... and kept his arms firmly planted and basically drove Williams back 9 yards. I saw him not look for the ball until it was basically past him. I saw him not make a break inside for the football. I saw Williams just basically holding on for dear life wondering what Gabriel was doing. Gabriel looked like he was trying to run through him. What I know about rules ... Williams has every right to his position and running through him is offensive PI. What I'm guessing ... Gabriel was determined to lock him up and set him on his heels like hand fighting you can do in college, then at a certain point he intended to shuck him and break inside, forcing Williams to hold or give up the TD. What Williams didn't do "Impede his motion toward the football."

The Great

2) Historic comeback and showing of united determination and confidence.

3) No sign of panic, running the ball after the Bills score.

Those are systemic maturations ^^^ a much bigger deal than a win. The core group that will be with us for 5 years plus did that.

4) The run blocking for Henderson. Those were gaping holes I was not expecting. Edwards makes our line better, period.

5) Aaron Donald.

The Good

6) Hollins getting pressure (facemask recipient)

7) Hendo with 114 ... having too many good backs is a great problem to have.

8) Josh Reynolds with meaningful playing time (VJ will be amazing, but he doesn't have the nuance of our offense yet)

9) Everett Sighting.

10) Some really accurate passes by Jared.

11) Red Zone offense. Achilles heel last year, not this year.

12) Pass protection.

The Bad

12) Fuller being out obviously hurt our communication ... there were many blown coverages.

13) On the 3rd and 22 JJ3 shaded toward someone who was covered and vacated his zone ... He's gotta know where Beasley is on that play.

14) Singletary made us look stupid like 10 times.

15) Pass rush in the first half was abysmal.

16) Ebukam, in general. He really never took the next step.

17) Troy Hill's completion %. Does he need to be outside?

18) It taking us 3 quarters to stop them.

The Ugly

19) The call on 4th and 4.

20) How open their WRs were like 8 times. I had to yell curse words at the tv multiple times. It has yet to forgive me.

There may be stuff I missed, but it was a decent game overall soured by a bad call at the end ... a game where we proved how much we could come back from against a playoff team with a good defense.

The Giants are hapless WITH Saquon, without him they don't have a shot.

College

21) KJ Costello and Mike Leach had a coming out party, huh? 650 yards against LSU in the upset? Serious WRs got a serious QB and serious opportunity to improve their stock. Ali Gaye, a transfer from NDSU, is looking like a top 10 pick. DE/rushLB at 6-6 262. Newcomer on the scene. Gaye is from Garden City CC. My boy Jabril Cox is the LBer from NDSU. He is a 2nd rounder that will continue to climb into the 1st round as he continues to impress.

22) Kansas State takes down OK. Kleiman really has OUs number. Good for Chris. Really good human being and a really good HC

23) I'm not really watching any position super sharp, except "rangy ILB" to take Kenny Young's spot, taking a magnifying glass to top prospects and watching for flashers. I always watch edge rushers, safeties, and TEs. The one ILBer I wanted to see this year opted out. PSUs Micah Parsons, but with no 1st rounder, he is likely out of range. Right now Cam McGrone is my 2nd round target. Edge looks super weak this year...

24) I'm getting a good look at some schools I normally wouldn't because of Covid scheduling.

Questions and comments welcome ...

Don't waste your time looking back, you're not going that way. - Ragnar Lothbrok
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game 3 recap ... Bills.

alyoshamucci620September 28, 2020 06:28PM

Just some college stuff

Deadpool255September 29, 2020 05:43PM

Re: Just some college stuff

alyoshamucci225September 29, 2020 06:25PM

Re: Just some college stuff

oldmanram190September 30, 2020 05:05AM

Agree on most counts.

RockRam210September 30, 2020 05:14AM

dead-on, bro!!!

SunTzu_vs_Camus194September 30, 2020 06:08AM

Re: Blinkscout Game 3 recap ... Bills.

LMU93219September 30, 2020 06:09AM

Rams43263September 30, 2020 06:19AM

Remember, the other team makes plays too....

SunTzu_vs_Camus182September 30, 2020 06:37AM

Re: Remember, the other team makes plays too....

Rams43199September 30, 2020 09:37AM

I hear ya, bro....Hill played great last year....

SunTzu_vs_Camus178September 30, 2020 10:21AM

Both/And

Rams Junkie212October 03, 2020 09:55PM

wow...nice research, RJ...

SunTzu_vs_Camus149October 04, 2020 06:08AM

We will all feel better after today! 3-1 with three NFC wins nm

Rams Junkie145October 04, 2020 08:49AM

dzrams229September 30, 2020 02:42PM