Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: Simms is an admitted Niner fan.....

September 24, 2020 02:58PM
It just gets tiring. Goff put the team on his back and won the NFC Championship game. Not Gurley, not McVay. Jared Goff did that. Never hear a word about it, it's always The Penalty. Never is Goff given credit for carrying this squad in the fourth to a comeback victory in that hornet's nest and giving us a Super Bowl.

Last season, I think he tried to put it all on his back and made a lot of mistakes in doing so. He owned that. But while he was part of a team that made a lot of mistakes last year and caused certain coaches to move on, it's his failure to carry that team that seem to hang around his neck. When I see Goff, I see a guy who has listened and learned, gotten better each year, and IMO is ready to learn from last year and move forward. Now it's early, but I am seeing what I thought I'd see this year. Growth. But its like deja vu all over again. McVay is "protecting him and the Oline, there's a great new running game, and look at all the weapons the Rams have". It just seems that from his rookie year on, it's always something else making the Rams go and he never gets a lick of credit. No one calls Goff "dangerous". Just get in his face and watch him collapse (never mind that is exactly how we handle Wilson every time we beat the Hawks). None of the talking heads give him credit that isn't somehow qualified, including this one. He's just back there "executing Shawn McVay's game plan to perfection".

I get it. He has to "earn it", which I guess means until he leads the team to a Super Bowl win, he has to wear this jacket. But my mind still wanders back to the Bradford Debates (which we lost posters over) and IMO, that guy was never in the same league as Goff. All the years the pundits challenged us to protect him and keep him healthy, provide him with weapons so he'd be the number one pick we took him at... it took years for the media (and this board) to fade from that him. Just feels to me like Goff was never even given the chance to be that guy. Hope he can reach a point of respect by the end of the year and can sell the doubters on what he brings to this team.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

C Simms: Unbuttoned Review Rams v Eagles

Speed_Kills568September 23, 2020 05:39PM

I'm bumping this - Listen to what Simms says about Rams run game

Speed_Kills236September 24, 2020 07:40AM

"McVay literally beat Jim Schwartz into submission" nm

Speed_Kills200September 24, 2020 07:53AM

Re: C Simms: Unbuttoned Review Rams v Eagles

Ramsfsninmd379September 24, 2020 08:17AM

I think Gurley and McVay were at odds for sure

Speed_Kills255September 24, 2020 08:30AM

zn221September 24, 2020 08:41AM

Ramsfsninmd188September 24, 2020 09:40AM

zn202September 24, 2020 10:03AM

Ramsfsninmd159September 24, 2020 11:50AM

zn323September 24, 2020 12:05PM

Ramsfsninmd174September 24, 2020 12:07PM

Simms is an admitted Niner fan.....

Rampage2K-224September 24, 2020 01:57PM

Re: Simms is an admitted Niner fan.....

Old Goat250September 24, 2020 02:58PM

I know this is strange, but I don't mind biased reporters..

JamesJM324September 24, 2020 03:56PM