Here’s Ram_Rally...

It's been like this since 2017.

Jamon brown
Trumaine Johnson
Tavon
Lamarcus Joyner
Maurice Alexander
Sammy watkins
And now Fowler, Littleton, Gurley, cooks and NRC are struggling so far.
I think Robert Quinn and Rodger Saffold are the only two who did fine after departing.

If the Rams let you walk, they may not value you like people do outside the building. I mean look at how much they spend for players they like.

"And now Fowler, Littleton, Gurley, cooks and NRC are struggling so far" - WAAAAY overstated. Fowler would be our best edge rusher right now and it wouldn't be close, and I don't expect Lewis to change my opinion on that when he returns, not this year. Hope I'm wrong.

In fact, the only one of those five I'm positively glad is gone - in re expected performance - is Gurley. I think 2019 Gurley was average-at-very-best and I'll be very surprised if he ever becomes appreciably better than he was last year.

In contrast, Cooks was average-at-best last year, but that could well change. In fact, I expect a rebound from him. His problems were ALL concussion-related and he worked his a$$ off in thee offseason. I wish him well. But w/his history of concussions he's also a long-term risk. If he were in LA and healthy this year, I suspect our passing game would be even more potent than it is now.

Littleton and NRC also would be making nice contributions in LA. I see zero reason to doubt that. They belong much more in the Rodger Saffold/Robert Quinn category in terms of reasonable expectations than the Tavon Austin/Jamon Brown category.

But I'm fine w/those guys not being in LA, NOT because they're suddenly lesser talents than we thought they were, but simply because tough financial choices had to be made and the braintrust seem to have chosen well. To me, Gurley stands alone as a super-easy call among the recent releases (mediocre player w/a bad attitude who wasn't going to get much better) w/Cooks being relatively easy (might well rebound, but paid a lot and w'd always be holding our breath with him).

So far, Fowler's the one w/a skill set the Rams absolutely have not replaced - and many of us predicted as much (though I still think Kiser can surprise here w/up-the-gut pass-rushing) - and even there you have to think about the opportunity cost of retaining him.

I’ve gotta respectfully disagree, Suh-weet.

Only 2 games in, I know, but the stats from all the respective players speak for themselves so far. The replacements are not only not a disaster but seem to be upgrades, IMO, which was the point of my post in the first place.

As to Fowler vs Floyd? It’s close so far, but I give Floyd the edge as a run defender.

I forgot about NRC, tbh. But I’m thinking that our current nickel rotation is at least his equal. NRC didn’t distinguish himself with that personal foul hit on Woods either, btw.

A revisit of this topic after the bye would give us much more meaningful data.

Nice discussion, man.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Some interesting player stat comparisons...

Rams43517September 22, 2020 02:56PM

Very nice reply post by Ram_Rally...

Rams43237September 22, 2020 05:07PM

Lotta apples, oranges, and bicycles in there

Suh-weet!271September 22, 2020 06:01PM

yeah, Fowler is the guy I miss...most....

SunTzu_vs_Camus280September 22, 2020 06:34PM

Fuller....

Suh-weet!291September 22, 2020 06:52PM

Enjoyed this entire thread.

stlramz233September 22, 2020 08:12PM

Re: Lotta apples, oranges, and bicycles in there

Rams43181September 22, 2020 08:36PM

Suh-weet!168September 23, 2020 04:34AM

Rams43127September 23, 2020 07:04AM

agreed