Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Blinkscout Game one Cowboys analysis.

September 16, 2020 08:41AM
Welcome to game one of the apocalypse series. I'm honestly really happy we had a season ... I felt 95% sure we would based on my knowledge of one of our society's 25 problems right now, but there could have been dinosaurs at any moment so I was holding my breath.

There were things I wanted to see and for the most part I got to see them.

I had a feeling we'd beat them because they had injury issues (which worsened during the game) but I didn't think it would be our defense really doing it and I didn't expect it to be that close.

The Great

1) Barely any pressure on Jared. Offensive line looked cohesive and solid.

2) Jordan Freaking Fuller. Can't measure instincts. I didn't get to see much of his play at OSU because they simply were too good up front, safeties didn't make tackles. Nonetheless I feel as a draft geek I totally missed on a kid who is looking to be not only a steal, but like a quality vet addition to an already talented secondary. I'm sure he'll be scrutinized ad infinitum the rest of the year, but I'd suggest against worrying about a few mistakes and just enjoying good solid safety play from a hitter.

3) Ramsey's hit on Cooper ... not only did he peel off his guy, but he did what most CBs can't do ... he hist like a safety when he arrives ... the sheer violence has to be a shock on the perimeter.

4) The pass to Jefferson down the sideline. Thing o' beauty.

5) Seeing Whit fired up at 38 years old after driving his guy 8 yards off the ball in the run game. Excitement matters.

The Good

6) Let's get Robert extended, thanks. One of the most underrated players in football.

7) The sheer amount of weapons on offense. "Here, try to cover our 4th WR" ... "Oh and here's our 3rd RB" ...

8) Austin Corbett and Noteboom. Not the lineup I was expecting 2 months ago.

9) Higbee beating CBs on slants and moving like a WR until he gets the ball, then moving like a mac truck after.

10) Notable high five to Aldon Smith coming back after 5 freaking years. Makes me happy when anyone can recover.

11) AD look just as good if not better.

12) Floyd got enough pressure to make me think he can replace Fowler's production. I'll have to see more, but I'm optimistic.

13) Cam's feet ...

The Bad

14) Kiser's missed tackles. Clean it up dude. Plenty of talent in round 2 next year to replace you.

15) Sloman's kicks, but not because he missed. Because they're low.

16) Goff not taking the deep throw to Kupp at the end of the game ... we snuck away with that win but we could have iced it.

17) Gerald. Catch the ball. We want at least a 4th round comp from you.

18) Is it because he's from FSU and he expects bad blocking? Is this law of attraction stuff? Why was the run blocking so much worse for Cam?

19) The calling of the sweep to Brown ... you do not ask the slow guy to do a sweep against a fast defense in that situation.

20) Lack of outside pressure from "the other guys" ... I'll be wayyyyyy happier when TL is back.

The Ugly

21) The hit to the head of Goff on the INT. HOW DO YOU MISS THAT?

22) Zeke's TD he faked out 4 guys on the goal line? Seriously?

23) Jarwin's no contact knee injury ... sorry dude.

Outlook vs Eagles

24) We should sack Wentz 10 times and win by 20. We're hungry and they're reeling.

College

25) I'm going to start watching today. Again, I'm just glad we're having a season ... I hope that people lean on guys like me who have been scouting players their entire career rather than just focusing on seniors. Score wise it looks like there were a few good games.

Thoughts and questions welcome of course ... just glad to be back at it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/16/2020 08:42AM by alyoshamucci.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Blinkscout Game one Cowboys analysis.

alyoshamucci889September 16, 2020 08:41AM

Re: Blinkscout Game one Cowboys analysis.

Rams43297September 16, 2020 09:13AM

alyoshamucci274September 16, 2020 09:15AM

DamRam203September 19, 2020 03:11PM

AlbaNY_Ram316September 16, 2020 09:38AM

Yeah, love your stuff Alyo. Thanks nm

BC Ramsfan202September 16, 2020 10:23AM

That hit by Ramsey was . . . EPIC

stlramz385September 16, 2020 10:24AM

Gallup ...

alyoshamucci266September 16, 2020 12:08PM

Great job, bro!!!!

SunTzu_vs_Camus306September 16, 2020 02:44PM

Great analisys, thank you Alyo

mexram329September 16, 2020 06:09PM

Thanks y'all

alyoshamucci210September 17, 2020 02:10AM

Good job Alyo + O line + Goff

Steve217September 17, 2020 04:35AM

from PFF re Goff

Steve229September 17, 2020 05:25AM

Re: from PFF re Goff

alyoshamucci185September 19, 2020 04:28PM

enjoyable read as always nm

21Dog203September 16, 2020 08:14PM

leafnose218September 20, 2020 12:26PM