Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Taking each point that you made individually...

August 18, 2020 07:08PM
* The Rams secondary has never been this deep, ever, since I started following them. Since 2012 the Rams have had a knack for finding DBs--using every means of acquisition available to them--and it keeps paying off. We have never heard of a team that could trade away its 2 starting CBs, replace them with a promoted cast off and an in-season trade, THEN lose both of the new CBs in a couple of games and STILL play well. On paper, that's impossible. They did it. Plus having Jalen Ramsey will pay dividends because having a CB of that caliber always does.

ME: I see no way that contradicts ME. Not even using my vivid imagination. I don't deny a single WORD of that. MY point, which you, I think, see differently, is that there is not as much confidence on their efficiency in this coming year.. NOTHING TO DO with how the Ram's addressed the situation, IOW how well they dealt with the problem considering the circumstances. Seems to me everyone gave them a thumbs up.

* I am not as worried about the LBs as some are. First, there's some solid talent there. Second, Fangio had some good defenses in Chicago before Mack, when basically he had a long list of no-names. That's scheming and coaching.

Yup, that's pretty much me.

* Having Donald and Ramsey on the same team is golden. Name any Rams D that had 2 stars of that caliber since the fearsome foursome. And I am a big fan of all the good Rams Ds we have seen over the years. This is not being negative about the past.

Again, ya lost me, that pertains to my point how?

* I do have confidence that the OL will cohere. The acquired 7 OL in the last 3 years and they have an OL coach who has a long history of fielding solid to great lines. Heck Chicago's pro bowl LOT, Leno, was a Kromer 7th round pick.

Yup, I think I know where YOU stand.. I'm kind of with ya, actually... but the board consensus?

* If 2019 is Goff regressing, I can't wait until we see what him rebounding looks like. That is, if 2019 was off for him, there were still solid aspects to his game and some dogged, tough play. Put him in a better situation and I think he steps up, easily.

This one I can't get into with you... been there done that. I'm with Speed on this one... which is NOT any lack of confidence in Goff WHATSOEVER. But I do have to ask.. who in the hell is saying Goff regressed? All I have read, (granted that I may have missed something), is that some problems extant continued... and with the OL problems were exaggerated but NOT to the point or 'regression'.

* WR, probably everyone agrees on.

* RB, I am optmistic cause I like Akers but there's just less to go on here at this point, so I am kind of wait n see about this though I expect good things.

Good point... although I think Brown IS something to go on... although not so much about the RB's themselves as it is with the overall Ram coaching strategy and how they're planning to implement the running game. Biggest question I personally have about our O this year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lemme' see if I'm reading the general consensus of the board correctly...

JamesJM460August 18, 2020 06:31PM

Re: Lemme' see if I'm reading the general consensus of the board correctly...

zn177August 18, 2020 06:49PM

Taking each point that you made individually...

JamesJM137August 18, 2020 07:08PM

Re: Taking each point that you made individually...

zn134August 18, 2020 07:29PM

No, it's not me misreading...

JamesJM125August 18, 2020 07:39PM

Re: No, it's not me misreading...

zn112August 18, 2020 07:46PM

one more

zn139August 18, 2020 08:14PM

Ok, I stand corrected...

JamesJM120August 18, 2020 08:28PM

Re: Ok, I stand corrected...

zn160August 18, 2020 08:41PM

I'm going to kick myself in the ass for replying this to you..

JamesJM117August 18, 2020 09:17PM

I'm really not debating that

zn118August 18, 2020 10:02PM

I am NOT trying to argue...

JamesJM115August 18, 2020 10:11PM

Re: I am NOT trying to argue...

zn118August 18, 2020 10:21PM

Re: One thing we do have that few other teams can claim...

merlin146August 18, 2020 07:04PM

Yup, Merlin, I agree (nm)

JamesJM106August 18, 2020 07:11PM