Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Lemme' see if I'm reading the general consensus of the board correctly...

August 18, 2020 06:31PM
this applies to no ONE person,... and hopefully that didn't have to be said.

The two areas of 'most' concern, (not judging if said concern is major or semi-major)... is the OL and the LB's.

The position of "least" concern seems to me to be WR... (again, board consensus, NOT my opinion necessarily, or any other ONE individual). Followed closely by QB, at least at starter, and perhaps... not sure about this one - TE?

Notice no D unit in the above. I'm not seeing as much confidence in our DL or DB's.. despite AD and Ramsey. That could just be my personal limited reading of threads on the board, or maybe O comes up more often than D?

A 'more hope' than actual conviction of "We're Ok", I think I'm reading the board correctly, lies with the RB's. Leaning, slightly, to "we're ok".

Which leads me to the hardest read of all... HC... the man himself, McVay. There is not a person on this board, I don't think, that believes he's 'not the guy'. There are a handful, again only my opinion, that believes he's 'all that'... but the consensus seems to me to be "He's great, if not quite there yet, but WILL get there". Now in case you think I'm 'leading' with that... that last is NOT my opinion of McVay, or at least... not adequately defined in that way.

Summation... Playoff team, SB contender this year? Mostly negative, I believe, as a consensus and when asked that specific question... but hmmmmmm... not so much, I think, if I go by your words analyzing the talent of both player's, units, coaching. (again, no ONE person). Going by what's said... I can't see anyway the consensus is anything other than "The playoffs are ours for the taking". The people are in place if not fully (like any other team)... coaches and players alike. The SB... well, that's probably a stretch... (me reading board consensus, NOT my opionion)... ((((sorry to keep saying that but things can go south quickly as we all know, and without question my take on board 'consensus' and yours could be radically different))).

I believe that IF the Rams were in any other division in the NFL... except perhaps the AFC West... the 'consensus' would be "Playoffs THIS year".

So what I'm looking for here is your impression of the 'board consensus'... opinions of OTHERS, combined.. not your rebuttals specifically.. although those are certainly welcome. - JamesJM
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Lemme' see if I'm reading the general consensus of the board correctly...

JamesJM460August 18, 2020 06:31PM

Re: Lemme' see if I'm reading the general consensus of the board correctly...

zn177August 18, 2020 06:49PM

Taking each point that you made individually...

JamesJM138August 18, 2020 07:08PM

Re: Taking each point that you made individually...

zn134August 18, 2020 07:29PM

No, it's not me misreading...

JamesJM125August 18, 2020 07:39PM

Re: No, it's not me misreading...

zn112August 18, 2020 07:46PM

one more

zn139August 18, 2020 08:14PM

Ok, I stand corrected...

JamesJM120August 18, 2020 08:28PM

Re: Ok, I stand corrected...

zn160August 18, 2020 08:41PM

I'm going to kick myself in the ass for replying this to you..

JamesJM117August 18, 2020 09:17PM

I'm really not debating that

zn118August 18, 2020 10:02PM

I am NOT trying to argue...

JamesJM115August 18, 2020 10:11PM

Re: I am NOT trying to argue...

zn118August 18, 2020 10:21PM

Re: One thing we do have that few other teams can claim...

merlin146August 18, 2020 07:04PM

Yup, Merlin, I agree (nm)

JamesJM106August 18, 2020 07:11PM