Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: great questions

August 13, 2020 01:29PM
if we go by last year Kupp thrived in the 3WR offense where teams consistently had to account for Cooks taking it to the house. That’s McVays offense he did the same in Washington with Djax. Once Cooks was out and then a serious risk for further injury the last 8 games of the season, the Rams O changed.

Waaaay more 2 TE formations far less targets for Kupp along with less production.

Why? Well because without Cooks teams could account for him more easily. The other reason? Because with 2 TEs he is not as effective outside. Can he play outside? Sure I guess but he can’t make a living out there and that’s because he doesn’t have great height and speed.

So we are gonna see with Kupp. There are people that think he’s elite. I want to see it and I have to tell you I have my doubts that he can do what we have seen from him the last several years when he has to face the #1 or #2 corner and if he has to make a living outside.

He hasn’t done it before and I’m not sure he can. I will also say this McVay continued to play him in the slot even after Cooks injury. Why is that?

The bottom line is in a 2TE offense he is either outside or not on the field at all. And that’s exactly why is numbers fell off a cliff the last 8 games of last year.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Robert Woods, Cooper Kupp ready to step up even more for Rams

RamBill393August 13, 2020 06:24AM

Re: This is going to be really interesting

Speed_Kills176August 13, 2020 08:28AM

Re: This is going to be really interesting

RAMbler165August 13, 2020 10:38AM

Speed_Kills174August 13, 2020 01:29PM

BerendsenRam159August 13, 2020 07:11PM