zn
moklerman
zn
moklerman
zn
moklerman
zn
Rams43
Yup. Fred always had a way with words, didn’t he?

Every player is naturally going to prefer the symbols and imagery that represent the team they played for.

And they will be all gruff and stubborn about it.

Meanwhile the design and colors have changed several times since that one.

It's like an old man saying "nothing will ever replace the horse!" while cars whiz by him.

Now the horns? That's the Rams. That ain't goin nowhere.

The design though has already changed many times.

So, all of that was to ultimately agree with Dryer? "That's your "brand" right there". Not design. Not colors. Your crusty, out of touch, old man is WAY off base.

So that's what he said? It's just the horns, it doesn't matter about the colors and design, which have changed? If so who was he arguing with? All the people associated with the Rams who have vowed there will be no horns?

He either meant that particular design (horns that thick, those colors), in which case it has already changed several times. Or he meant just the horns, in which case he isn't arguing with anyone. No one has said "okay no more horns."

And I am a crusty old man myself so I don't mind calling him one. cool smiley

The brand is the horns. Re-branding is not necessary. It's really pretty simple and painting Dryer as an out of touch, behind the times, crusty old man because he stated as such is a bad take. Just own it and move on.

If he meant just "the horns" then he's not arguing with anyone. (Kind of like you.) Is he? No one is "re-branding" the horns out of existence. So who is he arguing with.

IF he means the design, then yeah all players prefer the design when they played. That's just natural. But...the design has changed several times since he played. Even the current throwback helmet doesn't look like that.

So again. If he meant that specific design then the real point is, it has already been changed several times. If he meant just the horns, regardless of design, then he is not arguing with anyone---since no one has vowed to eliminate the horns.

Either way you seem to want to defend old man Dreyer for saying nothing. Fine with me. But I've read and seen a lot of interviews with Dreyer, he's a smart guy and it shows. This time though he's either got no point or he's arguing with no one.

Fight away about that if you have to. As for me, I'm just repeating myself. Shrug. cool smiley

You didn't say "if".
ZN
Every player is naturally going to prefer the symbols and imagery that represent the team they played for.

And they will be all gruff and stubborn about it.

And yet another strawman by you is suggesting that someone is reacting to the Rams rebranding the horns out of existence. No one anywhere accused the Rams of getting rid of the horns but DeMoff and the team are definitely rebranding. All of the waves and spirals bologna is what Dryer's responding to. He says it's about the horns and I agree. Messing with them, which DeMoff has done and is sticking to, is what Dryer and many(most) Rams fans and ex-players don't seem to care for.

Look, no white knight is needed to rescue poor helpless Fred Dryer from the forces of evil. cool smiley I stand by what I said. Either Dreyer is arguing the horns must remain, in which case he argues with no one, or he prefers that particular design, in which case the helmet and uniform have already changed several times over the years so it's kind of a moot point.

If they are changing the design of the horns (what you call "re-branding" ) then as I said it's not the first time. And we don't even know what the new helmet looks like yet so what are you even fighting about.

Anyway, this is a silly thing to fight over.

Carry on if you have to. I said if I continued I would just be repeating myself and sure enough.

Granted, Dryer doesn't need protecting but since he isn't here to speak for himself, I think it only fair to refute the idea that he's a crotchety old man. Much less all the mind-reading and extrapolating you're doing on his behalf.

And no, we don't know for sure what the helmets are going to look like but we do have an inkling based on what has actually happened. The dumped the favorite uniforms after winning the Super Bowl. They rolled with the mismatched monstrosities as a first choice coming back to LA. The new logos. The Rams apparently don't get it while Dryer apparently does.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Jim Everett tweet says it all....

max918May 02, 2020 08:52AM

Re: Jim Everett tweet says it all....

Rams43210May 02, 2020 09:07AM

oldschoolramfan163May 02, 2020 09:19AM

Ramsdude144May 02, 2020 09:20AM

and yet he points to a design that was abandoned decades ago

zn174May 02, 2020 09:56AM

Re: and yet he points to a design that was abandoned decades ago