Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cap solve: restructure AD, JG or trade or cut Hav?

April 16, 2020 07:48PM
So we need to do something to free up money to get under the cap.

I think the most likely scenarios are either:

1. restructure AD

2. restructure JG

3. Hav trade or cut

I think cutting Hav is the least likely unless there is something we do not know. Did his injury ruin him long term? Did he lose something? Was he only good with a good RG next to him? In general I think he is worth a spot on a roster so I do not see cutting him.

Restructure JG I think is the second least likely. Right now we are stuck with Goff for better or worse for the next two years. I believe these next two years will be very useful to find out once and for all what we have in Goff. Restructuring Goff makes it harder to trade or cut him after two years. I do not think the Rams want to lose the flexibility of doing something if they have to after a couple of years. Especially with the Gurley and Cooks fiascos/

Restructure AD is also locked in for two years and starting year 3 it becomes much easier to trade or cut him. In fact there is less dead money with AD after year 2 than with Goff, however, we know beyond a shadow of a doubt that we will have no desire to cut or trade AD. I think this is tied with most likely scenario.

Trading Hav is tied for other most likely. This would free up all the cap room needed if post June 1. What I am not sure about is the money needed for the draft class. But post June1 trade of Hav would free up $7 million.

My guess is that the Rams are shopping Hav and if they can work out a trade to their liking they will go forward with that. If however, we need more than $7 million for the deficit plus the draft than trading Hav does not make sense from a money standpoint. Either way if need more money or do not find a likable trade partner offer, I think an AD restructure makes most sense.

What do you think?
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Cap solve: restructure AD, JG or trade or cut Hav?

headslapper442April 16, 2020 07:48PM

Until we know rhete will be a season.

reggae240April 16, 2020 08:59PM

Re: Until we know rhete will be a season.

AlbaNY_Ram173April 17, 2020 04:52AM

Re: Cap solve: restructure AD, JG or trade or cut Hav?

LMU93196April 17, 2020 03:06AM

Would not cut Havenstein or trade

Ram_Ruler219April 17, 2020 03:48AM

Re: Cap solve: restructure AD, JG or trade or cut Hav?

AlbaNY_Ram155April 17, 2020 05:41AM