Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Re: A few random thoughts as we are inside one week from the draft...

April 16, 2020 03:21PM
What I find interesting is that we lost several starters and we (us posters) don't know what young players will step up. It's hard to predict if a rookie will start or even play if we don't know what we already have for roster depth. For instance, at RB we lost Gurley who was pretty recently considered the best at his position in football. Now, after knee problems and maybe more we don't have him. Brown as a vet was our 2 and Henderson a draftee was 3. Many discussions later and reviewing the tape Hendu looked pretty good in limited snaps last season. Is he ready to start? Is he going to be a plus starter? Can he be an All Pro replacement for TG30? Heck, we don't know, but hopefully Snead and McVay do. Can MB be a starter? And can he stay healthy? Knowing the answers to these questions will better determine picks and needs than any other source. I think our brain trust knows like clearly and will pick accordingly. If they are all "no's" then you might see a HB at 1-52. If not, we'll draft one late. Corbett has been discussed. I thought he played well at LG and kept improving. He might own that spot for quite awhile. But, McSnead might see him differently. We know Whit will be at LT and that's it. Corbett, NB, Allen, Blythe, Evans and Edwards could all play there plus we could draft a LG anywhere. Center is the same if you take out NB, Evans and Edwards. And we have other guys who could do it too. RG- Edwards played surprisingly well there. But, Edwards, Blythe and others could start there. At RT we have Havs and Evans and maybe a draft choice.
Same thing on D. We let two vets go in the edge and signed a guy to play one spot. Can the Obos and Polit and Ekubans of the world play? Would a new guy out of college beat one out? Dunno, because I don't go to practice every day, but there are guys that do. Another quick thought, we changed both our D and O coordinators. There will be new things so vets might not have the same advantage over the newbies as other years. I'll enjoy reading the heated debates as our civilian GMs battle wits with the professionals. It's all good to me. And when we choose a guy I'll refer back to all the scouting by those here that do to see if I should be happy or sad.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few random thoughts as we are inside one week from the draft...

Rams43517April 16, 2020 10:00AM

Awesome post!

RamBum220April 16, 2020 10:21AM

Likely rookie playing time

cool_hand_luke224April 16, 2020 10:59AM

dzrams210April 16, 2020 10:41AM

Rams43206April 16, 2020 11:07AM

dzrams178April 16, 2020 12:07PM

Rams43233April 16, 2020 02:38PM

oldschoolramfan137April 16, 2020 02:55PM

SoCalRAMatic261April 16, 2020 03:21PM