Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

A few random thoughts as we are inside one week from the draft...

April 16, 2020 10:00AM
Tip of the hat to Snead for addressing our Kicker vacancy ‘problem’. Color me VERY impressed. Greg who? Lol.

Gotta compliment Snead on the 1 year Blythe signing, too. Probably not a long term solution but it does provide an adequate starting C for this year and removes a screaming need from the ‘20 draft ‘must have’ list. That’s no small thing, strategically.

Speaking of C, I suspect that only Ruiz might be capable of starting ahead of Blythe this year. But I’m told that this is the best C draft in years so drafting a quality C would make a ton of sense for the future.

Edge is another position where a drafted rookie MIGHT have a chance to start this year. Even then it would require a stud type to fall into Snead’s lap unexpectedly at 52 so that even Snead wouldn’t trade down.

RB is the 3rd and probably final position that might provide a rookie starter. And again, a stud would have to fall right into Snead’s lap by pick 84 for that to happen.

Therefore, I think that getting even 2 starters out of this draft might be a bit optimistic and certainly the most we can hope for. Bummer, huh? Then again, what a crop for quality depth/ future development this could be.

I continue to believe that Snead will trade down at least once out of the 2nd round and maybe out of both 2nds. All depends on how the draft is falling and who he’s targeted below that he knows will still be there. It’s a great top 120 draft to do so and take full advantage. I’m thinking that at least one trade down is 75% likely. So, expect 5, maybe 6 picks by 104. Could be a VERY busy Day 2 for the Rams this year.

A WR will be drafted but who knows where and when? Trade downs make this more likely early on, don’t you think? Will be an investment in the future kinda thing.

Rams seem set at TE. In fact, I think our TE corps is gonna be beastly and a huge part of McVay’s ‘20 O.

I continue to be a big Boom fan and predict that he will be 100% sooner than most believe. But I also think Whit will be the starter early on. Wouldn’t surprise me though to see Boom being phased in by midseason in games where the outcome has already been decided.

Can’t wait to see if Hav can reclaim his starting RT spot. Won’t be easy because I think Evans will continue ascending, himself. It’s probably a win-win for the Rams, anyway. If Hav wins out then the Rams are a stronger OL. If Evans beats out Hav then maybe Snead can trade Hav away for a future pick and some slight cap relief.

I’m anxious to see this ‘new’ Staley D unfolding. I’m hoping to see excitement, unpredictability, more consistency, better run D, and some very antsy opposing QB’s. Hot Damn!

Can’t wait to see how Staley utilizes Floyd. I suspect that he might be moving Floyd around quite a bit depending on situation. I’ve got a sneaky suspicion that Floyd might exceed the expectations of most Ram fans. Just a hunch.

I’m thinking that AD might just have a monster year alongside ARob and Brockers, some new LB’s both inside and outside, and all under the direction of Staley. Wouldn’t that be great to see? I’m gonna watch carefully in this draft to see how the Rams might address their front 7. AD could be the biggest beneficiary of all these changes. Gonna spend another Hot Damn here. Lol.

I’ve got a real good feeling about David Long’s prospects this year. ‘Mr 3-cone’ might just open some eyes at nickel.

I’ve become a big Darius Williams fan and wouldn’t be one bit unhappy or surprised to see him win a starting spot outside opposite Ramsey.

Speaking of Ramsey, he will be extended. It will be at a time of mutual convenience, but it will be done. I mean, it’s inevitable.

Wouldn’t it be wonderful if Snead could have another 3rd-4th round series of hits like he did in ‘17? Well, the Ram picks and the draft talent level seem to be lined up quite nicely for him this year. Wow!

Did I mention that McVay seems even more driven to bounce back this year? He’s cleaned house with coaches and players alike. I expect a laser focus in getting this O back to top 5 or better status. Don’t think he wants to ever see any more of that ‘9-7 BS’. See what I did there? Lol.

Well, that was more than I thought it would be when I first started, but the thoughts just kept on coming.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2020 10:05AM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

A few random thoughts as we are inside one week from the draft...

Rams43516April 16, 2020 10:00AM

Awesome post!

RamBum220April 16, 2020 10:21AM

Likely rookie playing time

cool_hand_luke224April 16, 2020 10:59AM

Re: A few random thoughts as we are inside one week from the draft...

dzrams209April 16, 2020 10:41AM

Rams43206April 16, 2020 11:07AM

dzrams177April 16, 2020 12:07PM

Rams43232April 16, 2020 02:38PM

oldschoolramfan136April 16, 2020 02:55PM

SoCalRAMatic261April 16, 2020 03:21PM