Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Mock Draft

April 08, 2020 10:04AM
Thought I would have a bash at a mock draft so here goes:

First the needs, I think we are drafting for 21 more than 20 so that does affect our needs.

Edge - This is our biggest need, we are not exactly stacked there at the moment and Floyd and Ebu are Free Agents in 21. That said I still have hope for Obo and I think Ebu looked better when he played this year. Pollite and Patrick also give me hope. I think Edge will be one of our first picks and I wouldn't rule out a second later pick as well.

ILB - I think if Wade was still DC then we would stick with what we have at ILB but I am not so sure with Staley. I think Kiser improves our Run D but we could still do with adding a quality linebacker.

IDL - Ok, with Brockers, Robinson, AD, Gaines and Seabass we seem pretty set on the DLine but I am not so sure Brockers and Robinson are not just 1 year rentals so I'm not going to rule out adding someone upfront and there seems to be some decent mid round options, Elliot would be nice but I think he will go earlier than I would want to spend a pick on him.

Safety - Yes we have 2 studs but that's it. Wouldn't mind adding some depth especially someone at FS.

Corner - seems to be our strongest position on the D but still questions with both Ramsey and Hill out of contract in 21. That said I'm not looking at corner unless someone falls or its a late pick.

RB - Obviously this position has moved up the needs list since TG was cut. There seems to be 3 groups of RBs, the top 5 will go in rounds 2 and 3, I would love Taylor or Dobbins but I think the better move would be to pass on them for the next group of guys which should go late 3 and 4. Dillon would be my favourite but there are other good options like Benjamin, Evans and Perine.

WR - Our WR room could look very different in 21, Cooks future seems to have a big ? looming over it, Kupp is out of contract, Woods is going to be kicking the FO door down asking for a new contract and Reynolds is a free agent. Think we would be nuts to ignore the WR position this draft.

O Line - I think we have pretty decent depth on the O Line, I cant see us carrying more than 9 guys on the roster so I can only see us taking 1 guy this draft, unless someone too good to ignore falls to us. My preference would be a G or C but the FO seem to prefer Tackles and then move them in.

TE - Not a big need here, for me. Hig's is our No. 1 and Mundt made some strides in 19, so much so that I would be making calls to see if we could get a trade for Everett. Blanton has some developmental potential and I could live with him being No. 3 if we can trade Everett. I would possibly look at a TE very late or as a UDFA.

QB is low down my priorities, wouldn't rule out a late developmental role but its not a priority for me.

So, onto the picks. Right now we have 6 picks and I personally would like to take as high as pick as we can to try and get a stud but realistically trading back is a no brainer here. Our biggest need is Edge and we are out of the running for any of the top picks, I would love Baun but think he is gone early 2nd. I think we can get a good option around the mid 70's so I would try and trade back to there. I have gone for a trade with the Bengals taking their 3rd/65th and 4th/107 for our 3rd/52, then I would trade 65 with the Jags for their 3rd/72 and 5th/157. I would also consider trading that 5th/157 pick depending on who is available.

So Now we are looking at: 3rd/72, 3rd/84, 3rd/104, 4th/107. 4th/126, 5th/157, 6th/199 and 7th/234.

Round 3 No. 72: Edge is our top need so there should be atleast one of Greenard, Anae or Weaver at 72. That said, there could be a chance of Cam Akers still being available at this pick (slight but still worth considering) if he is I would take him and hope that Anae is still available at 84. Most likely Akers is gone so I would go with Greenard, I really like Anae and love the first play on this highlight

but I think Greenard is the safer pick so I will go with him.
Jonathan Greenard, Florida, EDGE

Round 3 No. 84: I now feel like ILB is our next biggest need, originally I was going IOL with our second pick but now I am looking at ILB. Problem is that I haven't done a ton of research into this position. I do really like Gay he could go high but I can see him dropping with his red flags, that said he had a really good combine. Brooks and Dye are other options but I will go with Gay he has great numbers and is good in coverage.
Willie Gay Jr., Miss. State, LB

Round 3 No. 104: The next two picks are close together so they are interchangeable depending on who is still available. I will go with IOL and then WR with our 3rd and 4th picks but if Michael Pittman is still available at 104 (I doubt it) then I would take him and go IOL at 107. Assuming Pittman is gone, I am looking at Biadasz, Bredeson or Muti. I know I know, Muti has major injury concerns but I just can't let him go. He reminds me of Quenton Nelson and if he didn't have that injury history then he would be the first interior lineman picked in this draft. That said I am going safe with Biadasz but I will be smiling if we do take Muti.
Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin, OL

Round 4 No. 107: So Pittman is already gone but I think atleast one of Bryan Edwards, Devin Duvernay or Isaiah Hodgins will still be available. Edwards is the best of the three but he may already be gone. Duvernay is a speedster but I would prefer someone with more size, more of a red zone target. Hodgins is tall and has a great catch radius but not the top line speed. I'm going to assume Edwards is gone and go with Hodgins.
Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon St., WR

Round 4 No. 126: Time for a running back and there should still be plenty to get at this point. Dillon has been my favourite for some time but I am a little worried that the Titans might like him as a future replacement for Henry. Other options are Eno Benjamin, Darrynton Evans, Lamical Perine, Anthony McFarland and Ke'Shawn Vaughn. I think Dillon is the best complementary fit alongside Henderson. Benjamin is on the small side but he is tough and a willing blocker. Evans has speed to burn and would fit the scheme but he is a bit on the lite size. I'm going Dillon but if he's gone then it would be Benjamin.
AJ Dillon, Boston College, RB

Round 5 No. 157: Round 5 onwards is more about who is still on the board rather than needs, there are a few candidates in the 5th that might be worth a punt, Geno Stone, James Lynch, Julian Blackmon, Justin Strnad, Benito Jones but one prospect that I am really high on is Kenny Robinson Jr Safety from West Virginia, hes great in coverage and would be a great fit in our Safeties room. He played in the XFL and there doesn't seem to be a lot of noise surrounding him so I think he could still be available here. I really like James Lynch as well and a small trade back would be am option but Robinson is just too good a fit here.
Kenny Robinson Jr., West Virginia, S

Round 6 No. 199: There is only one place I'm going here and that's Blankenship at Kicker. I think the Patriots will be targeting Hot Rod and they have plenty of picks in the 6th and 7th and that really worries me. The Colts could also be in the hunt and they have 2 6th round picks ahead of us. There is the possibility that we take a trade up and trade our 199 and 234 with the Bears for 196 but that would still leave NE and the Colts with one pick each ahead of us. We could trade our 5th round pick with say the Bills, that would give us the 188th and 207th picks. We could go Blankenship at 188 but I think Robinson is gone by 207. I guess this is where a GM earns his money. I'm going to hope the Blankenships get past Indy at 193 and NE at 195 and then take that trade with the Bears and move upto 196 and snag him.
Rodrigo Blankenship, Georgia, K

Incidentally, if I didn't make that trade I would have been looking at guys like Isaiah Coulter, love his speed great potential and Javon Leake who would move upto RB4 and be a good returner in special teams.

Jonathan Greenard, Florida, EDGE
Willie Gay Jr., Miss. State, LB
Tyler Biadasz, Wisconsin, OL
Isaiah Hodgins, Oregon St., WR
AJ Dillon, Boston College, RB
Kenny Robinson Jr., West Virginia, S
Rodrigo Blankenship, Georgia, K
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Mock Draft

Scottish Ram980April 08, 2020 10:04AM

Interesting draft

RamBum300April 08, 2020 10:49AM