Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Here is an excerpt from a related thread from another board about possibly acquiring Cordy Glenn or Trai Turner...

March 04, 2020 01:27PM
Here’s the author Ram65...

Malibu you never addressed the fact that both players have regressed in recent years as well as have missed games. Turner with 6 sacks allowed this past year. I posted the sack total and games played. I would not go by pro bowls much anymore to put a value on a player. Here are what Panther fans are saying about Turner being shopped:

He--even when he did not play well--kept making the pro bowl. Maybe a team will bite---

Got lazy and out of shape after he got paid. Can’t blame the team for this move.

His play took a nose dive once he got his contract. He is solid but nothing more at this time unfortunatly.

If this is true, WTF would Cam even want to be here? Trai looked like crap but he was the 2nd best crap we had. Cam will get killed and to be on a one year deal? All you Cam fans really want him playing through a total rebuild with no long term deal?

100 percent okay with this . I like Trai but he settled for being solid instead of great once that check cleared

Hrm. Don’t know how to feel about this. Only frees up $3.3mil and he’s arguably our best OL even if he’s not as good as he used to be. Will wait and see. Can’t imagine we’d get a ton in return in a trade either...maybe a player for player trade would work out best...

Him and KK started eating good once they got paid. Both have been overweight and injury prone since 2015.

Trai Turner is being shopped around, per ESPN

[www.carolinahuddle.com]

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
More Ram65...

The cap numbers I posted up top would put these two depending on who pays the bonuses at 7.5 Million plus 8.5 Million without bonuses. Glenn is going to get cut anyway because I don't see a team trading for him with his salary and missing 23 starts out of 48 in the last three years and 5 missed four years ago. He is not reliable. He is a LT though and I might consider a prove-it deal if the Rams can't resign Whitworth as I stated before. He would have to compete for a starter position.
The Rams are already paying Havenstein who also looked overweight and out of shape after getting paid. I don't see them having an interest in Turner.

I get it. We are all trying to come up with ideas to help get the Rams offensive line back to being a solid unit that can protect Goff and open holes for Gurley. I thought Glenn was a good idea a month ago or so but, I didn't look deeper into his recent past.

Now, my thoughts (Rams43) after reading this. There are problems and potential pitfalls associated with signing some outside FA’s for our OL, too. Sigh...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/04/2020 01:29PM by Rams43.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, I find myself going back and forth about best off-season OL strategy...

Rams43357March 04, 2020 08:16AM

Re: Well, I find myself going back and forth about best off-season OL strategy...

dzrams191March 04, 2020 08:44AM

Re: Well, I find myself going back and forth about best off-season OL strategy...

Rams43226March 04, 2020 11:09AM

dzrams173March 04, 2020 11:52AM

best off-season OL strategy

LMU93182March 04, 2020 12:12PM

Re: best off-season OL strategy

dzrams157March 04, 2020 12:48PM

RDU162March 04, 2020 12:53PM

Deadhead Ram196March 04, 2020 08:51AM

I wish/hope we can

OzRam248March 04, 2020 10:42AM

Here is an excerpt from a related thread from another board about possibly acquiring Cordy Glenn or Trai Turner...

Rams43187March 04, 2020 01:27PM