Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Well, I find myself going back and forth about best off-season OL strategy...

March 04, 2020 08:16AM
It’s really bothersome to keep flip-flopping on this important decision. I sure don’t envy the Ram brain trust on this since I think our whole O hinges on a correct outcome.

If the Rams want to be serious SB contenders they must have at least a very solid OL, right? And even ‘solid’ might not be good enough against the likes of the 49ers, Ravens, Chiefs, Titans, etc.

At times I actually think that we might have the makings of a solid OL already on the roster.

Whit/Boom
Corbett
Blythe (healthy now)
Edwards
Evans/Hav

At other times I wonder if that collection can be good enough. Then I like the idea of drafting a C or OG that falls to 52. Maybe Corbett at C? Would that be sufficient for our needs?

At still other times I daydream about signing a vet FA to ensure OL success in ‘20. Trai Turner has been suggested as the flavor of the week, for example. But the cost of a Tier 1 FA seems prohibitive given our current cap situation. Heck, I want to see Ramsey, Kupp, and JJ as Rams for years to come, as well. A top tier FA now for our OL would seem to make those extensions later almost impossible.

What to do?

I guess I just have to trust Snead/McVay/Kromer to make the best possible moves. I will say this. I’m certain that those 3 guys fully understand the importance of re-establishing a powerful OL after last years experience. So there is that.

Your thoughts? Help a brother out here...
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

Well, I find myself going back and forth about best off-season OL strategy...

Rams43357March 04, 2020 08:16AM

Re: Well, I find myself going back and forth about best off-season OL strategy...

dzrams191March 04, 2020 08:44AM

Re: Well, I find myself going back and forth about best off-season OL strategy...

Rams43226March 04, 2020 11:09AM

dzrams173March 04, 2020 11:52AM

best off-season OL strategy

LMU93182March 04, 2020 12:12PM

Re: best off-season OL strategy

dzrams158March 04, 2020 12:48PM

RDU162March 04, 2020 12:53PM

Deadhead Ram196March 04, 2020 08:51AM

I wish/hope we can

OzRam248March 04, 2020 10:42AM

Here is an excerpt from a related thread from another board about possibly acquiring Cordy Glenn or Trai Turner...

Rams43188March 04, 2020 01:27PM