Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

McVay is taking a risk, but the Rams FO are home run types

January 11, 2020 04:58AM
If the Rams were a baseball team, they'd try to stock up on pitching and power hitters. Forget the singles hitters, bunters and base stealers.

McVay, the Rams' FO and even the owner are home run guys. Go big or go home. Push all the chips to the middle or take your chips and cash them in. It is not from emotional reaction but rather by pragmatic design and goals. Good enough isn't good enough. No participation trophies.

I'm not saying this is the only way to win; I'm saying that this is the way this current organization thinks.

Will what they've done work? Actually, so far, it has. 5 years ago most of us would have been somewhat satisfied with a 9 win season. Now it's a major disappointment not only to we fans, but obviously to McVay and the FO. Result: significant changes to the coaching staff.......Right freaking now!

And my guess is the same with some players. Who exactly I don't know. But probably there will be some gasps before they're done. This will not be rebuilding; this will be an attempt at refreshing and improving, revolving around some strategic changes mainly on the D, but probably a couple of important tweaks on the O and STs.

I have no predictions. I have no idea, really, about who these new coaches are and if they will succeed in their roles. I don't know if they were the right choice or if going so young is a good idea. The Rams must now be the most Millennial led team in the league. The D will be a mostly new system; however D's can adapt to new systems faster than O's can. And with the hiring of Kevin O'Connell the O system will remain essentially the same.... McVay's (that is vital).

So, the older I get, the more that things like this are wait and see for me.
SubjectAuthorViewsPosted

McVay is taking a risk, but the Rams FO are home run types

RockRam450January 11, 2020 04:58AM

Re: McVay is taking a risk, but the Rams FO are home run types

AlbaNY_Ram189January 11, 2020 05:03AM

I think just about ANY move made in the NFL can be a risk.

Ramgator266January 11, 2020 06:18AM

Re: McVay is taking a risk, but the Rams FO are home run types

Rams43159January 11, 2020 06:25AM